PDA

View Full Version : Heathrow Scanner Worker "Ogles" Female Colleague

strake
24th Mar 2010, 15:17
Like a few on this board, I wondered when the first complaint would be reported.

BBC News - Heathrow worker warned over body scanner misuse (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/8584484.stm)

Flyluke
24th Mar 2010, 15:56
And that is just the first complaint that has been aired.
The scanner, in this form, is simply unnacceptable.
There are other methods for establishing whether or not an individual is carrying something about their person which they shouldnt.

PAXboy
24th Mar 2010, 18:49
But how could this happen? We were told that:

The operator looking at the scanner output would NOT be located near the scanner (talk of another building)
The operator would NOT see a CCTV image of the area area around the scanner - so could not see a normal view of the person to identify them.If either of these provisos were breached then the mgmt has failed and enabled staff followed due process of masculine opportunity.

So, it is true that the operator should be disciplined but, so should the mgmt. Now, where at LHR have we heard that before ...?:rolleyes:

FlyingOfficerKite
24th Mar 2010, 19:30
It makes you smile really as at least two films I have watched recently, which were made years ago, show the 'hero' being submitted to a full-body scan - right down to the skeleton. I have often wondered how long it would be before fiction became reality.

My wife says that under NO CIRCUMSTANCES will she travel through an airport with a full-body scanner - for precisely the reasons that this pervert has been caught. It was obvious this was going to happen sooner rather than later and I bet it has caused a right stink with the powers that be.

Just out of interest, how many of you would travel from an airport without a full-body scanner, even if this mean't additional cost and inconvenience?

We certainly will - Manchester is out, so it will be Liverpool, East Midlands or Leeds/Bradford in future for us.

The easy way to protest against this embarrassing imposition would be for all passengers to wear aluminium foil underwear. Imagine the constenation that would cause if EVERY passenger had to be searched?!

Not that I wish to appear childish, but I think the intrusion into the privacy of the general travelling public has not been considered for the small (if any) gain in benefit from such devices.

Just remember when you pass through the machine they can see everything you've got!

Funny how they've never caught a 'terrorist' at security - the professionals will always find a way as has been proved so tragically in the past.

Air travel is no pleasure these days.

It really is a mad, mad, mad, mad world.

KR

FOK

PAXboy
24th Mar 2010, 19:43
I object to these scanners as they will do zero to prevent damage to humans, any more than the one piece of hand luggage and the 100ml rules.

I would not object to going through these scanners as I am a naturist and I may well be going on a holiday to a place where I shall be on a nude beach. The operators will quickly find that they adjust to the new levels of 'normality', it is only the novelty that is the problem.