PDA

View Full Version : Pb Bne Base?

PammyAnderson
24th Mar 2010, 15:11
Any truth to the rumour that Pacific Blue are opening a BNE base.
I know it has been talked about a lot in the past and pretty much blocked by the VB guys in the past, but have heard it has been put back on the table. Any PB crew confirm this?

Goat Whisperer
24th Mar 2010, 23:34
Or instead of trying to bring down VB pilots' terms and conditions you could join as a VB FO who earns more than a PB trng captain...

Explain why PB should be allowed to set up an Australian base. Please.

neville_nobody
24th Mar 2010, 23:34
Surely it would be more efficient and easier just to get rid of Pac Bro and amalgamate the two airlines instead of running two separate companies out of the one city? The amount of duplication between the two must reach a point where it is no longer cost effective.

On saying all that this could be Godfrey's Jetstar, especially with all the new aircraft coming in the future.

rescue 1
25th Mar 2010, 03:56
trying to bring down VB pilots' terms and conditions

How is a PB base in BNE effecting VB terms and conditions?

We have all read for years on this site how Jetstar is reducing QF pilots terms and conditions, yet the QF pilots still enjoy a very comfortable salary.

Why are pilots so suspicious?

MrApproach
26th Mar 2010, 07:36
I thought the Singapore veto on the use of the Virgin name outside Australia expired mid-2010, hence VB GM was talking about a re-branding mid-year. They would still need all the PB pilots though and it might make more sense for them to be living where the services are ??

SnotNoseJockey
27th Mar 2010, 03:56
Often find myself intrigued by the hypocrisy from the VB and jetstar guys getting all high and mighty about PB and jetstar NZ dragging their terms and conditions down. Must have short memories.

LeadSled
27th Mar 2010, 04:55
Folks,

It is a fact of life that it is much cheaper to run a NZ based and licensed airline than an Australian one.

Pilot remuneration is only a relatively small part of the cost equation, but obviously favourable to the other side of the pond.

Under the TTMRA, there is no limitation on setting up a base in Australia, Pacific Blue would not be the first.

The fact that there are relatively few VH- B737 shuttling back and forth on the Tasman -- for any local airline -- should tell you something.

Tootle pip!!

thechap
27th Mar 2010, 05:26
so. . . anybody want/is able to answer the question.

That'd be a nice change.

bowing
9th Apr 2010, 09:25
Have a friend CC who has received an e-mail Bne base if interested for PB currently based in akl paid AUD not NZD but not to sure on that....but looks certain bne PB base is certainly on the cards.:ok:

minimum_wage
30th May 2010, 04:24
I hear the Brisbane Base for PB is going ahead. Anyone wish to shed some light on this development?

inandout
30th May 2010, 05:39
I heard via the TR it was SIDNEE not Brissey and their getting ANZ 767 :confused:

Sqwark2000
30th May 2010, 05:48
Explain why PB should be allowed to set up an Australian base. Please.

Aus/NZ Open Skies Agreement. Just like Jetstar and Qantas entering the NZ market... but oh no! surely this is not allowed on the hallowed turf of Australia.

If AirNZ was allowed to fly domestic australia i.a.w said Open Skies Agreement, then they wouldn't have bought that sinking ship Ansett and then you Oz-mates wouldn't be so vindictive to us kiwi's even though it had an undiagnosed pre-exisitng terminal illness.

S2K

The Green Goblin
30th May 2010, 05:55
Can you imagine ANZ operating domestic sectors in Australia? I don't think the locals would support it in all honesty with New Zealand written on the machines.

The only way ANZ could succeed is to start a new entity.

zkengr
30th May 2010, 06:06
"The only way ANZ could succeed is to start a new entity. "

Or, align itself with an established operator :oh:

hotnhigh
30th May 2010, 07:09
So let's get this right, Any company in australia can now setup an off shore operation on inferior terms and conditions. And then introduce those conditions via an australian base.
Is this correct? And gee, we were worried about work choices.
Explain this one Julia.

bowing
30th May 2010, 07:40
or is it both syd/bne bases for Pb?

Swanrider
30th May 2010, 22:05
HotnHigh : Correct - just look at the 737 freighters currently (set up by Airwork & Jetconnect -NZ)

Why not all get behind this news (http://www.pprune.org/dg-p-reporting-points/412178-v-pacific-3.html#post5710296), instead of taking shots at each other.:hmm:

The Baron
31st May 2010, 00:46
It would probably gone ahead, if it wasn't for rhe industrial court in NZ ruling that that Australian and NZ workers on an oil rig off the NZ coast had to be paid the same amount, effectively giving the k1w1s a 30% pay rise. A(V)IPA now have a court case in progress, claiming a legal precedent has been set and should include all South Sea Pakistanis flying the ditch and doing the same job as their much better paid colleagues. So much for that idea Richard...