PDA

View Full Version : Army to sack 500 soldiers because of troop 'cap'

VinRouge
22nd Mar 2010, 21:03
I wonder if we are next....:*

Army to sack 500 soldiers because of troop 'cap' - Times Online (http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/article7071466.ece)

Up to 500 soldiers will lose their jobs under a plan to reshape the Army to better meet the challenges of operations in Afghanistan, the Ministry of Defence announced today.
The MoD has not exercised its right to terminate a soldier’s employment since 2002 and the troops targeted under the redundancy plans will have completed 12 or 15 years of service. They will be working in areas that are not seen as critical to the mission in Helmand province, Afghanistan.
With a cap on the total number of troops in the Army almost reached due to a rise in recruiting and a drop in the number of people leaving, the Army says that the move will free up space to employ more soldiers in roles that are needed for Afghanistan.

So, in other words, make you redundant a few years prior to pension point.... disgusting.

No wonder they changed our redundancy terms... I wonder how the hell they are going to trim our numbers even further without significant gaps in capability and flight safety hazards being generated?

Prop-Ed
22nd Mar 2010, 21:29
QUOTE]I wonder how the hell they are going to trim our numbers even further without significant gaps in capability and flight safety hazards being generated?[/QUOTE]

Mate, they'll do it the same way they've done it over the last 10 years! :{