PDA

View Full Version : MEL One Year After

fo4ever
20th Mar 2010, 11:50
Dear all,

1 year has passed since the MEL scrape.

What have we learned from this?

Is EK a safer place to work and operate?

Did EK management handle the accident wisely?

Was It wise to sack the pilots before the ATSB has made a final report explaining the accident in details including human factors etc.?

Does EK still have “just culure” ?

What changes has been made and was these good or bad changes?

Is TCAS still the king and do we trust him to have an open mind with safety?

Any input to this

Cheers

EK_Bus Driver
20th Mar 2010, 12:26
Dude good questions!

1. Nothing. The silence is deafening!
2. No it is worse! Disgraceful rostering practices.
3. Very poorly handled.
4. No it was a typical knee jerk reaction! "hang the guilty basterds!"
5. What culture, it is the year 1431!!
6. We all work harder for less and are told constantly that we are lucky to have a job! Contract is constantly degraded!
7. Yes TCAS is still "king" but for how much longer is any ones guess. It will be interesting to see if he keeps his job when the final report is out?
I don't think he can even spell "safety!" Or "denial!"

helen-damnation
20th Mar 2010, 17:59
Was It wise to sack the pilots before the ATSB has made a final report explaining the accident in details including human factors etc.?

Not if the rumour is correct, and I stress, RUMOUR... that the Captain has an out of court settlement for several BIG ones.

Would love to know the truth :ouch:

fo4ever
21st Mar 2010, 05:43
Helen,

Not the case at all!!!!!!!!!!!

Mister Warning
21st Mar 2010, 06:08
Captain is good friend of mine and we spent a few weeks surfing together last month.
No out of court settlement - all wishful thinking from those of us still under the thumb.
Good news is that despite EK's best efforts they have not broken this man's spirit despite their despicable treatment after the trauma.

777boyindubai
21st Mar 2010, 06:49
I know K's old neighbours. I can confirm no out of court settlement. And that EK never broke his spirit. Also, that the talking horse forced the crew to resign bdfore the investigation and then lied to other EK pilots and claimed the crew resigned. I wish K good luck. He is a really good guy.

Mister Warning
21st Mar 2010, 09:26
Confirmed.

helen-damnation
21st Mar 2010, 13:02
Bugger :*

Glad to hear he is getting on with life. I'd believe the postings here before Ed :mad:

Happy landings :ok: