PDA

View Full Version : Wisley's Future Settled

etsd0001
19th Mar 2010, 16:09
A Waste plant that will process 30,000 tonnes of rubbish a year is to be built on the former Wisley Airfield.

Wisley airfield composting plant approved - News - getsurrey (http://www.getsurrey.co.uk/news/s/2067763_wisley_airfield_composting_plant_approved)

Maybe the biz jet option would look a little better for the locals now.

Another part of British Aviation heritage finally disappears

JW411
19th Mar 2010, 17:31
What a wonderful solution. (I actually think that the new plant will be able to handle at least 50 times as much waste as it becomes more and more advanced in new technology).

I can remember when Wisley was proposed as a business aviation airfield but the whole idea was scuppered by the local NIMBYs.

I have absolutely no doubt that the "green wellies - spray on sh*t" brigade" will be over the moon to host such a wonderful project.

Their general sacrifice for the general good in banning nasty, horrible aeroplanes from Wisley will be richly rewarded by the smell of the new waste disposal project.

How very sad.

D120A
19th Mar 2010, 17:41
Played it right into our hands, they did. Think of the thermals. :ok:

etsd0001
19th Mar 2010, 18:06
Played it right into our hands, they did. Think of the thermals.

Right in the Ockham hold!

LookingNorth
19th Mar 2010, 18:27
One really should not laugh.

However one is doing just that.

aviate1138
20th Mar 2010, 09:24
Give the "Cottagers" in the woods something to watch...........:rolleyes:

SpringHeeledJack
20th Mar 2010, 12:34
What a waste :hmm:

Give the "Cottagers" in the woods something to watch...........

Ain't that the truth, one has a pathological distaste for such goings on in country settings, especially if one is 'lucky' enough to be there in the mornings to witness the detrius of promiscuity that no-one took away with them :mad:

I'm sure that the NIMBY's are fuming now, but as a previous poster said it's hard not to laugh as to how it's turned out.....

SHJ

Saint-Ex
20th Mar 2010, 17:18
I flew at Wisley until it closed. I attended as many of the public inquiry meetings as possible in support of Alan Mann and I live under the normal take-off path. Wisley would have been the perfect position for a biz jet airport for London. On the A3 and M25 and right between LHR and LGW . It would have provided jobs in place of those lost at Brooklands so NO I am not laughing.

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
20th Mar 2010, 18:59
<<Wisley would have been the perfect position for a biz jet airport for >>

So how would you have integrated it with Heathrow and Farnborough traffic?

sycamore
21st Mar 2010, 02:33
Come on ,H-D, it just requires a bit of lateral thinking; Heathrow is not the busiest a/field in the world,; if you`ve been overseas in USA ,lots of airfields
cope/handle GA traffic easily in a very relaxed way..Heathrow is not the be all /end all,and could lift it`s game if it wanted to play...If it didn`t,there are other means....

Saint-Ex
21st Mar 2010, 10:15
HD, When I was at Wisley, Farnborough looked after us perfectly well on handover from Wisley. Besides, the Biz traffic would have gone to Wisley and
not to Farnborough due to its position.

etsd0001
5th Apr 2010, 16:24
THE group opposing the development of a waste processor on the former Wisley Airfield are still mulling over a possible High Court challenge to the scheme.

Wisley composting plant battle not over - News - getsurrey (http://www.getsurrey.co.uk/news/s/2068693_wisley_composting_plant_battle_not_over)