PDA

View Full Version : Jandakot Master Plan 2009

Charlie Foxtrot India
19th Mar 2010, 06:02
From Perth Now:

Mineral boom prompts Federal Transport approval for fly-in fly-out upgrade | Perth Now (http://www.perthnow.com.au/business/mineral-boom-prompts-federal-transport-approval-for-fly-in-fly-out-upgrade/story-e6frg2r3-1225842921796)

Mineral boom prompts Federal Transport approval for fly-in fly-out upgrade From: AAP March 19, 2010 12:48PM

THE economically important Jandakot airport in Western Australia has received approval for extensions to help it cope with the mineral boom.
A fourth runway will be built as part of more than $60 million of construction which also includes new hangars and larger taxiing areas for planes.

Federal Transport Minister Anthony Albanese approved the aviation part of the plan but passed final approval of commercial facilities at the airport to Environment Minister Peter Garrett.

The airport handles much of the ``fly-in fly-out'' transport of the mining sector in the boom state.
Jandakot is also home to emergency services including the Royal Flying Doctor Service and fire fighters.

``I have approved the Master Plan for Jandakot Airport for the expansion of aviation facilities,'' Mr Albanese said in a statement.

The plan locks the airport into significant commitments regarding community consultation and environmental protection.

``The airport must work closely with the community to minimise any impacts from development, including from aircraft noise, construction and increased road traffic,'' Mr Albanese said.
AAP

Frank Arouet
19th Mar 2010, 07:01
passed final approval of commercial facilities at the airport to Environment Minister Peter Garrett.

Watch this failure unfold.:eek:

Ex FSO GRIFFO
19th Mar 2010, 09:23
Is there a lot of, or much of an increase, in the 'Mining chtrs' out of JT these days??

I thought most of the 'Mining Traffic' was from PH using the larger type of acft, not normally users of JT?

Or, are we going to see some of the PH users, mostly Turbos, move to JT to avoid the morning congestion?

Charlie Foxtrot India
19th Mar 2010, 09:59
Thre is some flying out to mines in piston twins. Hardly FIFO. No terminal or screening here so no RPT obviously. The journo got that bit completely wrong. :eek: Biggest thing I've seen in and out of here in the last few years is the DC3!

Good to see the fourth runway has been approved...yet again...doesn't mean it'll get built though...

Checkboard
19th Mar 2010, 10:10
The guy who bought the airport, just after the Ansett collapse, asked me to work up a plan for regular mining transport out of Jandakot. I cobbled something together, and gave it to him for free - but never followed it up. Thought for a minute there that I had made a major error!! :eek:

drop bear ten
19th Mar 2010, 16:55
Excellent,

We can now ban all turboprops to JT (propellors are for boats afterall......)
and leave Perth airport for the bigger stuff!!!!!!:E

On a more serious note:O this is good new as many have suggested that the yarpies have wanted to close it down and turn JT into prime real estate.