PDA

View Full Version : prescription lenses ?

basketeer
24th Apr 2001, 13:58
If one wanted to try the method that everyone on here goes on about ( weaker lenses to improve vision ) were would i get weaker contact lenses / glasses from . is there a mail order company were u can just give them your prescription ( obviously weaker than required ) and they send them out to u ?

i would apreciate any help , as im quite intrested in trying this method .

barbox
30th Apr 2001, 02:28
I assume you talking about 'Long Sightedness'?.

My prescription glasses are +2, for reading only, however when wearing them I can read perfectly but suffer with long vision.

I therefore have purchased 3 pairs of Foster Grant 'off the shelf' reading glasses at a cost of £9.99 each with +1.5 lenses, therefore weaker lenses but the compromise is that I can see everything I need to see close up for reading and long distance to see where I am going!.

3 pairs?, one clear, two tinted in different shades for sunglasses.

Purchased from most major chemist chains.

Forced into it really as CAA dont allow 'vari-focals' and 'bi-focals' I feel are a pain to use.

Hew Jampton
30th Apr 2001, 17:07
"Forced into it really as CAA dont allow 'vari-focals' and 'bi-focals' I feel are a pain to use."

Not true of UK CAA (JARs)

Dash8100
30th Apr 2001, 18:28
http://www.contactlenses-online.net/

gdb1973
5th May 2001, 03:17
I've done some crude experimentation with simply making a point of concentrating on the horizon with my glasses on now and then, trying to pick out as much detail as possible. I've also made a point of not putting the spex on untill I need them in the morning. Does seem to have an effect!

MightyGem
5th May 2001, 06:38
If your sight is getting worse due to old age, then using weaker lenses isn't going to help. Eventually your arms just aren't long enough!