PDA

View Full Version : Grade 1 instructor exam

mates rates
18th Mar 2010, 10:08
Does anyone have any info on this exam? Have been trying for weeks to find out about it.All I can find is the syllabus in the CAO's.Nothing else about the number of questions,type of emphasis,pass mark etc.Any info would be appreciated.

Ando1Bar
18th Mar 2010, 10:28
It's been a few years since I did it, but the FAA instructor's handbook was a good study tool. Don't read the whole thing, only the first seven chapters. A couple of mates have done it recently and mentioned not much has changed.

A free copy can be downloaded at Aviation Instructor's Handbook (http://www.faa.gov/library/manuals/aviation/aviation_instructors_handbook/)

The exact style of question escapes me, I'm sure someone has done it recently.

Despite it being a poor learning strategy, rote learning is the best way to remember the definitions, tables etc. In my opinion the exam was a waste of time and money.

das Uber Soldat
19th Mar 2010, 06:07
If it takes you more than 10 minutes, and if you get less than 90, something is wrong with you.

As posted, waste of time and money.

Timocacy
19th Mar 2010, 08:01
I sat it about 10 days ago.

PM me for practice Questions. They were very much on the money when I sat the exam.

1. source a copy of a program called Gleim and rote learn the 183 principles of instructing questions(easier then it sounds)
2.Briefly read the FAA handbook, rote learn the taxonomy pyramids 100%.
3.Do the practice questions

as posted, took less then 10mins, 90%+ and $150 to CASA and ASL.

manymak
19th Mar 2010, 08:43
Where would I find a copy of the practice questions for the Gr1 PMI?

mates rates
21st Mar 2010, 21:57
Thanks guys for the info.Will give it a go shortly.After paying the money of course !!