PDA

View Full Version : R22 SFH in NW Florida ?

Woozles
17th Mar 2010, 13:16
Afternoon,

I'm heading over to visit family in Panama City Beach, FL during May and am looking at the possibility of hiring a 22 for an afternoon of SFH enjoyment...

I can't see too much available via the medium of the "Interweb", but does anyone know of a good flight school, rental company that would offer the new'ish PPL(H) a few hours of flying (with or without a safety pilot !).

Locations - Panama City Beach, Destin, Ft Walton (or anywhere within a hours drive away !)

Cheers

Wooz

WikiRFM
17th Mar 2010, 16:42
Helicopter Academy has time building (with an instructor) for $150/hr, and they have helicopters all over FL (including an R44 for $300/hr out of Pompano Beach). That might be your best bet, but I don't know if you have to buy the time in block or if you can get an hour or 2. Pretty sure they have a base up in the Panama City/Pensacola region.

Also, fish around on VR for happyappy (Apple Helicopters (dot) com???). I know he has an R22 that he ferries from Ohio to FL for the winter, and does time building in it. Might be South FL though. Sorry, I have no details.

Good luck.

Woozles
18th Mar 2010, 10:37
Thanks for the heads up ! :ok:

Wooz