PDA

View Full Version : Any truth in the rumour that EY are freezing CCQ/MFF from A320?

Slopwith
17th Mar 2010, 11:41
There was a mention by Chandler_Bing on a thread about leave reduction at EY, that CCQs/MFF for A320 pilots is to be frozen for up to 12 months due to a shortage of A320 pilots. Anyone else heard this rumour or management who can substantiate the rumour as non rumour but true, or refudiate it?

Chandler Bing
17th Mar 2010, 13:25
So far, nobody knows anything coz they don't go public on the subject.
Let's see, but for sure it's posponed but for how long...no idea, and I guess even the guys behind the numbers don't either....

goeasy
17th Mar 2010, 16:34
what shortage of 320 pilots? I am still getting plenty of uncalled standbys. These are all just myths pushed by people who cant stop themselves trying to feel miserable.

Are there no 330 guys filling those 4 slots a month ccq'ing 330/320? As far as I know others are still doing 320/330 ccq.

Why would the company want to stop it? It gives them far more flexibility having dual rated pilots.

Slopwith
17th Mar 2010, 18:02
Ok. According to "goeasy", there is no shortage of A320 pilots. Sorry if I offended your sensibilities by possibly spreading doom and gloom by implying there was a shortage. I of course have no idea if there is or is not a shortage. Nice that you have standbys as my roster generally full and without standbys but anyway let me try and re-ask the question without any reference to pilot shortages, spreading gloom or implying anything else that will hopefully keep you happy. I was not asking if there was a shortage of pilots, I was asking about ccqs.:=

Here goes:
Does anybody know if the opportunity for career bids to bid from the A320 to another fleet such as the A330 or B777 is now being frozen for a period that may be up to a year?

Better?:ok:

I was asking because at the rate of 2 per month it was going to take a while for some of us to be eligible for a career bid and apart from the recent batch of B777 slots, if they stop the 2 per month to the A330 then some of us are going nowhere for a while. Which is of course tres cool but nice to have an idea.:ugh:

Togalk
17th Mar 2010, 18:40
Yes, it's true. All new hires will be put on the 320 with a minimum of 2 years before they can "apply" for the 330. Etihad will hire contract guys to fill in on the 330/340 in the meantime.

NTM
18th Mar 2010, 09:05
Where did you get that info ?
I don't think it s true.

goeasy
18th Mar 2010, 10:34
Slopwith...... you needn't have apologised, it takes more than that to offend me!! I wasn't meaning to criticise your post either, just the rantings of CB who has nothing better to do than be as negative as possible.

My opinion? Not true. As its more in the companies interest than ours.

And yes, I am just as pi$$ed as most, about the time its taking to get up the queue. The fact theat the company wont ven really come clean on their plans makes it more frustrating. :ugh:

Chandler Bing
18th Mar 2010, 12:49
As far as F/O goes , CCQ are still going on, but they are stopped until further notice for the skippers.... Any thought ??

iflysky
18th Mar 2010, 13:30
Skippers on hold until at least 3rd quarter. FO's not affected "at this point" ?!?!?

Chandler Bing
19th Mar 2010, 03:32
Insh allah........