PDA

View Full Version : Q400 for Flight Sim???

eternity
16th Mar 2010, 05:50
Hi all,

Does anybody happen to know of a good Q400 aircraft for flight sim??
The reasons for me trying to track one down Im sure are quite obvious.....

So far I've only managed to find some that are well below par and will probably do me more damage than good!!

If anybody knows of any good ones out there (payware or freeware), pls let me know.

Cheers,

Eternity.

HappyBandit
16th Mar 2010, 08:37
Actually it isnt obvious....if wanting to track down as part of practice for sim exercise as part of recruitement forget it!!!There is no advantage...simply use king air and get your scan going!! Trust me they know you havent flown a q400 before and are looking more at your instrument techniques and showing improvement ie. Can you learn quickly.. Not if you can handle a dash 8..good luck

rmcdonal
16th Mar 2010, 12:35
As HappyBandit sais.
Use the king air (or one of the Boing acft with full glass) to get your scan going, practice:
Holding a set rate of climb and airspeed to level of at an assigned level.
Climb turns onto a set heading with a set rate of descent and airspeed.
Descents with a set rate and speed.
ILS appch from a vector into a sector entry.
ML twin Loc appch.
Don't worry about landing at all.
Memorise the power setting and attitudes that they give you (I don't have them so don't ask), and then set and forget them, don't play around with the power to much once it is set (the 400 is very twitchy at the lower power settings)
Enjoy it, it flies like a truck. :ok:

j3pipercub
16th Mar 2010, 13:28
Hey Eternity,

PM me your address and I'll send you a copy of one I got, works in FS2004 from memory. Its full glass and looks exactly like a Q400 sim, glass and all...

j3

Jay Bo
16th Mar 2010, 22:12
Google majestic software

j3pipercub
17th Mar 2010, 00:11
Update to my last and to the 5 PM's I have received since lastnight:

If you google 'Dreamwings Q400 download' you will find a wealth of info. There is a virtual Q-link airline that makes it even easier for you by providing all the links to the various sites. You will need to become a member of some of these sites in order to download the content.

j3

eternity
17th Mar 2010, 10:00
j3,

Thanks mate - am not flying tomoz so I'll buzz you then.