PDA

View Full Version : Trip Suggestions....

girl with a stick
15th Mar 2010, 08:11
G'day...

I'm planning a three day trip over Easter...have a Warrior booked, my sis as a pax, a folder full of Wacs....anticipating flying around three hours a day...

Departing Camden, Sydney on April the 1st...

Anyone have any favourite "must see" places I can plan the trip around?

Thanks in advance,

GWAS

Ex FSO GRIFFO
15th Mar 2010, 09:44
G'Day Miss 'Girl'....

There is a plethora of very nice places to go and see in 3 days.

However, seeing as you want to fly for only 3 hrs per day, this 'limits' the opportunities somewhat..??

What I suggest is that you might go to 'Google Earth', describe a circle of around 300nm or so from Camden, and take your pick from there.

Or, a few 'local' flights around the Hunter Valley can be very nice....and the 'usual' great hospitality from the West Maitland Aero Club is probably still there..??

Let us know what you do.....:ok:

YMEN
15th Mar 2010, 14:30
Go Mungo Lodge or Broken Hill!

WannaBeBiggles
15th Mar 2010, 20:22
Pop in to Comeroo Camel farm near Bourke. They have a nice big strip and should be easy to to reach in 3 hours.

BHI is a good place to fly in to and the people around there are very friendly.

The Dalhousie Hot Springs are gorgeous.

If you want to stay coastal, Lakes Entrance south or the Hacienda strip at Nambucca Heads (south of Coffs Harbour) is a good place to stop, though you will need to be very confident with your short field technique as there are powerlines at one end of the strip.

Just a few suggestions. Enjoy! :ok:

Old Akro
16th Mar 2010, 00:28
The Cooper Creek in full flow at Innaminka would be a sight. Might be a bit further than you want.

Atlas Shrugged
16th Mar 2010, 23:57
Camden-Tottenham-Cobar-Wilcannia-Broken Hill-Ivanhoe-Condobolin-Camden.

Overnight in Cobar, BH & Condo

Might need more than 3 hrs a day though.