PDA

View Full Version : Need advise! :(

A320_Callum
15th Mar 2010, 00:37
I'm shortly to sit my ATPL written exams in the next 3 weeks, so a lot of my time has been invested in exam preparation. I have been in talks with the likes of CTC and FTE about completing my CPL, IR and doing a MCC. I was in talks with CTC as I have worked with easyJet for the last year and I was pointed to a few people on the inside which did not obtain me the best of offers for my training. With the current decline of the Euro making Flight Training Europe all that more expensive I have to look at my options.
I have considered doing my CPL, ME IR with Aeros Flight School at Gloucester where I done my PPL and a fair bulk of my hour building. This would seem to work out at around a ball park figure of £24,000 for CPL & IR. I know the training at Aeros is very good how ever the lack of airline links concerns me in this job market situation.
So I have considered the option, if I was to consider training their in stead of FTE in Jerez I would have the financial backing to pay for an A320 type rating. With airlines wanting type rated FO's and the market been swallowed by Airbus this does seem the smartest type rating to be considering. I would like some opinions on this idea, also does any one have any information on the prospects of working for carriers in Asia such as Air Asia and Tiger Airways. They are recruiting but from my knowledge been a non national could prove to make it difficult could anyone shed any light for me. :)

Piltdown Man
15th Mar 2010, 22:40
With airlines wanting type rated FO's and the market been swallowed by Airbus this does seem the smartest type rating to be considering.

Real airlines just want pilots and they'd pay for your type rating. But in the scumbag airlines, the P2F and SSTR's :mad: have already piddled (or worse) in your pond, so you'll have to cough up a king's ransom to get anywhere. The seniors in these companies involved have also let it happen. So to get a job, you'll either have offer considerably more than just a type rating. My advice would be this: save your cash (or debt increase) until the market picks up.

But:

...the training at Aeros is very good how ever the lack of airline links concerns me in this job market situation.

Nobody has links that are worthwhile. If anybody had links that were that worthwhile, we'd all be hearing about it. The unpleasant truth is, there aint no jobs.

PM