PDA

View Full Version : EK Profit Target FINALLY Announced!

aeropix
13th Mar 2010, 17:55
Will this mean they will honor the profit sharing and pay out if we exceed? Or will they weasel out of it again citing the loophole that "management can amend this at it's sole discretion". I know there was a profit share thread before but thought it warrants a new one as they finally announced the target.

"In an article carried in today’s financial press, Emirates President, Tim Clark, mentions that it is probable that the Airline will hit the 2009-2010 target of AED 2 Billion in earnings. Mr. Clark made these comments whilst attending the world’s largest travel conference, ITB Berlin. Overall, mid-East based air carriers experienced an 11.2% increase in RPK’s this past year, the largest increase in the IATA membership. "

MosEisley
13th Mar 2010, 19:25
I'm afraid that he was simply referring to the company's target profit and that it has nothing to do with the profit sharing threshold.

PorkKnuckle
13th Mar 2010, 19:34
As far as I'm aware, the profit-sharing threshold IS the profit target. If they make the target, they give out two weeks.

If they exceed the target, they give out a little more, the exact amount cunningly chosen to resemble the excess value but in reality carefully calculated and then watered down to something more palatable by a multitude of account-fudgers, liars, bull****ters and con-artists.