PDA

View Full Version : SAR pilots only.

Helikopter
12th Mar 2010, 18:34
Dear fellows I´m a SAR helicopter pilot and we have been considering something called risk bonus, some figure to add on the monthly salaries.

Would be interested to get some further info regarding this, from SAR pilots on PM, please.

Thanks a lot and best regards. :)

High Nr
13th Mar 2010, 09:51
In Australia such activities attract an Allowance of between 8 - 10% over the top of the Gross Salary.

Try:

Australian Federation of Air Pilots (http://www.afap.org.au/html/s01_home/home.asp)Scroll through the various Company Based Agreements for your answer.

Helikopter
13th Mar 2010, 11:40
Thanks alot mate.
Regards.

Helikopter.:)

oldbeefer
13th Mar 2010, 18:19
I would have thought that sitting in a warm crewroom, drinking free coffee and eating free food while waiting for a rare callout would attract a reduction in salary compared with those that WORK for a living!

IrishSarBoy
13th Mar 2010, 18:29
Warning. troll alert!!!!:=

Tallsar
13th Mar 2010, 18:39
Surely not OB - perhaps more pertinent to those who do likewise preparing for a repeat fly of the same lesson plan on a regular basis (never mind the photocopying of the student reports!!) - so taxing I appreciate - especially when they change the aircraft type every few decades!!:E:}:):p

maeroda
13th Mar 2010, 19:09
Hello.
In Italy SAR at sea is driven by the military while mountain SAR or Hems by civil companys and there is no salary difference between Hems and Sar pilots, being a national contract in force for everybody.
Pay rise apply when performing Hems night shifts.
Ceers.
Maeroda

drugsdontwork
13th Mar 2010, 19:51
Well said Tallsar.

At least SAR boys (and girls) have to use a map and fly in the dark more than once in a blue moon.