PDA

View Full Version : Accommodation in Oxford APR - JUN 2010

tumboseppala
10th Mar 2010, 08:41
Hi fellow students and pilots.

I'm not sure is this area correct for my request but at least it has something to do with ground studies.

I'm coming down from Finland to Oxford on mid-April to do my ATPL distance learning brush-ups and exams. I have slept few nights in Oxford campus and place is not so nice.

So - I have a question, do You or someone you know have a room available for 1 person staying in Oxford between mid-April to mid-June 2010? I'd prefer a place that's quite near to Kidlington airport, like few minutes by walking or with bicycle. I think there's also some bus-connections?

Hope you could help me. You can PM me about details.

Best regards,

tumboseppala
Finland

PS. If you know a website where I can search for rooms/apartments please post.

mad_jock
10th Mar 2010, 08:48
There was a little Bed and Breakfast oppersite one of the crash gates on the main road which was very pleasant and reasonable.

I haven't a clue if its still open.

tumboseppala
10th Mar 2010, 08:55
Thanks mad_jock. Do you have any idea what's the name?

Let me make it clear that I'm preferably looking for shared accommodation/house with fellow students or ATPL examiner :}

Hotels/BB tend to be quite lonely places to spend for 1,5 months and they are usually more expensive than shared house.

ts

nivy
12th Mar 2010, 05:55
Hi,, I saw ur thread that ur joining Oxford.. Iam searching for a academy to join CPL.
I did come across oxford website. Will you be able to give me some feedback about the training in Oxford. It will really help. Thanks.

tumboseppala
12th Mar 2010, 07:18
Hi nivy,

I think you can find quite a lot of feedback if you browse thru old threads. There´s hundreds of topics where there's discussion about training provided in different FTOs. Just go to http://www.pprune.org/search.php

I have no other experience than theoretical course. I can say that overall Oxford is quite expensive, probably most expensive FTO in Europe. Though their ATPL D/L comes with quite low price :ok:.

Just do search!

Nobody still have room available?:{

-ts

nivy
12th Mar 2010, 07:42
Thanks TS.. will search more.. The only problem is too much information and opinions...

tumboseppala
12th Mar 2010, 09:34
only problem is too much information and opinions...

But you're asking for more?

This goes quite OT, but I say it anyways:

This is a common problem; there's hundreds of opinions and experiences available but quite often people like to hear just one, that is easily accessible and go with that. That's not a good approach. := Of course it requires patience and filtering to read thru hundreds of posts regarding Oxford and other FTOs, but it is rewarding if you put yourself into it for a while.

If you put yourself into reading thru old threads you'll get at least two rewards:

1) After you have read thru tens or maybe hundreds of opinions and experiences you are able to create solid mental image about what is going on and where. From many opinions you will develop your own.

2) Once you are reading you will come across with school names, websites, hints, tricks and information you didn't even know exist. This can save you a lot of money, time and can guide you to new approach when searching for options to go with.

So read-read-read - that's what pilot work is all about anyways :}.

-ts

PS. Thanx ukdy!