PDA

View Full Version : Helimover helilifter

heliboy999
9th Mar 2010, 13:37
Hello all,

I am looking for a heli mover for a Jet ranger. Im in the UK and wondered if anyone can give me some pointers towards suppliers or someone selling?

PM's please.

HB999

helimutt
9th Mar 2010, 20:50
The place I know of is based at the end of the runway at Sandtoft, or at least he was, he had a Jet Ranger I think.

stick this in google maps and this is where I think they were based???

53.557182,-0.866978

heliboy999
9th Mar 2010, 21:01
Ta very much, I will investigate!

F.A.TAlbert
9th Mar 2010, 21:38
TLC Handling (http://tlchelilift.com/helicopters_list.html)

John R81
10th Mar 2010, 12:41
Do you want something that big, or just enought to get in/out of the hanger?

tigerfish
10th Mar 2010, 13:19
You cannot do better than a TLC heli lift. It will pick up any skidded helicopter from a tiny robbo to a large medium sized one like an EC145. Single person operated and built like a brick chicken house!

First class engineering and the machine of choice for all UK Police helicopter units. totally reliable.

I have no connection with them whatsoever & cannot give a contact number but they will be on the internet under TLC handling Ltd.

Tigerfish::

John R81
10th Mar 2010, 14:24
If you want something that big / capable. Cheaper options are

Dolly approach Hangar Tools (http://www.hangartools.eu/)
Tow cart or carrier Helicopter, Helicopter towing, helicopter ground handling, helicopter wheels, Robinson R44, Bell, Eurocopter, manufacturer, tow, towcart, helicopter tug, helicopter dolly (http://www.helitowcart.com/default.htm)

Unless you can get a used one

tigerfish
10th Mar 2010, 23:33
TLC have been around for a while now so might sell some re-furbished second hand ones. I agree that there are cheaper options, but they are just that, - cheaper and ***tier. All those Police units can't be that wrong.

I guess that it all depends what you want it to do. If its just to tug it out of a hangar every now & again then pretty much anything will do, but if its serious work then I would only go for the TLC. I understand they are now selling to MOD so must have passed loads of tests.

The blokes name is Tony Hancock I think, & they are based somewhere South of Hull.

Tigerfish

206 jock
11th Mar 2010, 08:50
I suspect all those Police units that can't be wrong use TLC as Eurocopter UK (or whatever they are called these days) give them a unit when they sell a chopper! Also police units spend taxpayers money, not their own.

I use a Paravion, a mate uses a chopper spotter with our JetRangers: no problem with either (except in snow, when they are both useless!).

Actually, thinking about it a guy (ex-engineer) I know was designing something based on a pallet truck: let me know your details if you want something that will do the job, but might not be the prettiest:oh:

Brilliant Stuff
11th Mar 2010, 10:29
The TLC might not be cheap ( though I don't know the prices) but I have been using them for 4 years now and if you look closely at them you will see they are made to last, plus they have no issues with being used non stop.

I think they are also in the middle of making a remote controlled one.

Eurocopter Deutschland, as in the factory, use a remote controlled Wackerbauer.net shifting all those brand new helicopters of the production line.