PDA

View Full Version : What fun

coley chaos
9th Mar 2010, 08:44
Stood on my balcony last night looking aloft at the stars form our Dorset valley, when low level Hercules flys up the valley at 19.00 followed 25 minutes later by the space station gently breezing overhead miles above, then a low level Chinook at 20.00 and then back again at 20.50 low and slow... it was a beautiful evening to gaze around and you guys flying around is one better option than watching soaps. And to the Sea King formation late the other night, that was mighty low.

If theres a spotter type thinking here and im in the wrong forum, then post me elsewhere, but considering what your all training for and how you go about it then please accept my applause :D from my balcony every time you fly by my little bit of forever England!!

God save the king.

Coley

AH64D
9th Mar 2010, 08:58
Send post code and i will show you lower than a snakes belly in the grass - within the auth of course-:cool:

coley chaos
9th Mar 2010, 09:12
AH64D,

Sent you a PM with info.

Coley

Union Jack
9th Mar 2010, 13:17
.... it was a beautiful evening to gaze around and you guys flying around is one better option than watching soap

So what's wrong with watching young ladies lying back on the kitchen table, wearing nothing other than a layer of fruit salad and cream?:ok:

PS Based purely on hearsay from my current NOK, of course:)

Old-Duffer
9th Mar 2010, 13:53
I thought we had a Queen

helen-damnation
9th Mar 2010, 14:17
Quite a few since the rules were changed :O

bobward
9th Mar 2010, 14:51
Coley's post really struck a chord. Here over on the east coast of the sceptered isle, we used to have all sorts of stuff zipping overhead: Jaguar's, Phantom's, A10's, F111's etc. All gone now, apart from the odd F15 coasting in, or airliner trailing at 350 and above.

The 'peace dividend' has really made a difference, as well as messing up my plans for watching aircraft when I retire......

To the professionals on here I'd say that there are still some of us who watch you perform with pride, and not a little bit of envy. Keep it up, guys and gals!

:ok::ok:

MPN11
9th Mar 2010, 17:18
I must be weird. :sad:

I spent ages poring over LF Charts and TAPs, both for my parents and myself, to ensure we could avoid "Jet noise"; perhaps being brought up 12 miles finals for LHR 27L had something to do with it? ;)