PDA

View Full Version : The story of FGB! An interesting tale for perspective EK employee

iabudkcuf
8th Mar 2010, 18:30
Hello

In this thread I wlll tell you the story of FGB a European FO that made the mistake of trusting EK and leaving a secure a job in his home country to join this circus.
Stby for part one.

GoreTex
8th Mar 2010, 19:02
if he joined within the last 4 years he can't be too smart, its all over that EK is a untrustworthy flying circus.

PorkKnuckle
8th Mar 2010, 19:04
Hurry up and tell it, I have 94 hours this month. :*

It better be good - if you're "friend" is gonna complain about what a bunch of LIARS EK are, we already know that.

donpizmeov
8th Mar 2010, 19:23
Who would have guessed all those that told him the stuff before he joined were right. Fellas were being shafted before you joined, and will continue to shafted after you leave. I am sorry that you feel hard done by, but all the information you needed has been available on this forum and elsewhere for at least the past seven years. We had a guy sacked for an issue with crew sandwiches almost a decade ago. Command goal posts have changed almost daily since 2000 (post the GF crash), and our pay culled since 2001 (pilots given a 1.5% raise when the rest of the company was given 5%, 15% pay cut in 2003). Flying hours have been factored since 2003, and the 900hrs in 365 days and 100hrs in 28days has been a problem since 2003, but started on the other fleet. Our rosters starting being screwed in 2004 when the present bid system was introduced. All of this information has been available, but still newbies are dazed and confused when it happens to them:ugh:

Human right/employee issues in the middle east will fill thousands of pages in a google search. If you narrow the search down to just Dubai, you will still have enough reading to fill any lazy days with nothing to do.

Now if you took the risk of leaving a secure job in your home county to come here to fly something big and get a quick command, you have to understand that no-one held a gun to your head and made you sign that grubby piece of paper that EK call a contract. All investments that happen at an accelerated rate when compared to there peers are considered high risk. So too with the job market.

The Don

777boyindubai
8th Mar 2010, 20:12
Spot on, Don.
Let us not forget the Utilities cap with 3 days notice. Another breach of contract. EK are class liars. Don't believe anything they say. :ugh::{

groundspolier
8th Mar 2010, 21:15
Hi everyone, I have an upcoming interview with EK at the end of march. Is this even worth coming to Dubai for. I am furloughed right now but not desparate. Thank you

White Sausage
9th Mar 2010, 04:17
What is it that you didnīt understand in all the threads? :ugh:
More than enough people told you that you shouldnīt come here unless you are absolutely desperate. Is that so difficult to understand? Stay away if you can!!!

Kapitanleutnant
9th Mar 2010, 05:36
Groundspoiler...

Simply don't come here. We can't stress that enough. It is just not what it seems, nor is there any safety net at EK. You mentioned you're not desperate.... find something non flying in your home country or flying elsewhere. NOT HERE!

K

sheikhmahandy
9th Mar 2010, 10:35
Groundspoiler,

If you come here for the interview, you will be lied to and will only realise your mistake of trust after it's too late. The interview is in fact a sales pitch.

These posts are accurate in how you will be treated.:mad:

You make the call!!

I know what I would have done with the magic of hindsight!:mad:

Bring your own supply of lube, as all stocks are sold out in Dubai!!!!!:ugh:

Due diligence required here.:=

Macrohard
9th Mar 2010, 15:26
you will be lied to and will only realise your mistake of trust after it's too late

This has to be one of the most accurate statements I have read regarding EK and moving to Dubai.

EGGW
9th Mar 2010, 18:28
Right since the orginal poster has not brought the "allegations" to light, I will close this. As the thread serves no purpose.

PM me if you want he thread re-opened.

EGGW