PDA

View Full Version : Army Race Row

Kite Runner
7th Mar 2010, 20:09
Army hit by new race row - as it prints slur in its own magazine

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1256021/Army-hit-new-race-row--prints-slur-magazine.html#ixzz0hWkbKfMl (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1256021/Army-hit-new-race-row--prints-slur-magazine.html#ixzz0hWkbKfMl)

Does the Army have a problem greater than the other two Services - Discuss.

Boslandew
7th Mar 2010, 20:13
What does this have to do with aviation?

Kite Runner
7th Mar 2010, 20:25
"A forum for the professionals who fly the non-civilian hardware, and the backroom boys and girls without whom nothing would leave the ground. Army, Navy and Airforces of the World, all equally welcome here".

And the requirement for purely aviation topics in this forum is outlined - where?

Hmmmm........the 'post' prompts some Service specific comment - does that do?

vecvechookattack
7th Mar 2010, 20:28
The story mentions Prince Harry who is a pilot.... thats a (the only) link to aviation.

Other than that this thread should be closed as it has bugger all to do with aviation.

Kreuger flap
7th Mar 2010, 21:09
And the requirement for purely aviation topics in this forum is outlined - where?

"Military Aircrew". Clue No 1.
"A forum for the professionals who fly the non-civilian hardware" Clue No 2.
"and the backroom boys and girls without whom nothing would leave the ground" Clue No 3.

Oh and get this the biggest clue of all. PPRuNe. Professional Pilots Rumour Network.

If it is that important to you, tell us why you think the Army has a race problem. Better still go to ARRSE and ask the same question, there are a few more Soldiers on that forum.

PPRuNe Pop
7th Mar 2010, 21:29
Please stick to the topic and stop trying to prove a useless point. We will decide if the thread is not worthy.

x213a
7th Mar 2010, 22:07
Non-story.

"Get some PAX".

Good advice for those out there atm.

Kreuger flap
7th Mar 2010, 22:12
We will decide if the thread is not worthy.

http://spinoza1111.files.wordpress.com/2009/09/were-not-worthy1.jpg

It's not worthy, It's not worthy.:ok:

Not quite within the 5 seconds but hey......................................

SilsoeSid
7th Mar 2010, 22:34
Army Race Row

And there's me thinking there was going to be a third boat in the Thames on the 3rd April :(

The Oxford and Cambridge and Army Boat Race sponsored by Xchanging (http://www.theboatrace.org/)

cargosales
7th Mar 2010, 22:52
Oh dear.

My immediate thought was that Soldier Magazine was paying the price for having gone the way of so many other service publications and been left in the 'capable hands' of a contract publishing company, which had inevitably got it wrong.

Instead it seems that Soldier suffers a fate worse even than contract publishing and is actually produced by the MoD* itself. I am therefore not at all surprised that it is capable of such a massive cock up as this one.

Muppets !!!

CS

*MoD being the natural abbreviation for Massive Owngoal Debacle or similar

Flik Roll
7th Mar 2010, 22:56
Old news.

I think it was posted in here because the RN have RumRation, the Army have ARRSE and the RAF have errr, E-Goat and the OP wanted some service views on it perhaps?

sisemen
7th Mar 2010, 22:58
What gets my goat is the peremptory "Discuss" that some people feel is necessary. If a topic is worthy of discussion then that is what will happen - we do not need to be ordered to do it. :=

Mr C Hinecap
8th Mar 2010, 04:13
I am therefore not at all surprised that it is capable of such a massive cock up as this one.

Let me get this straight - you see the issue as being the picture itself rather than the subject of the picture?

:ugh:

parabellum
8th Mar 2010, 04:25
So how many registered complaints were there? Or is all this being stirred up by a journo with nothing better to do?

Total non event, how about asking the soldier in question why it was there and what it was intended to convey, he didn't go to Afghanistan to prepare for a photo shoot. The idea that he should be disciplined is just too stupid to contemplate, the mans at war, for Chrissake!