PDA

View Full Version : I want to know your opinion about 0 to fATPL distance learning

presacanariok9
7th Mar 2010, 10:39
Hello to everyone,
I come from Greece, I'm 24 years old and I don't have any experience in civil aviation. Nevertheless, I want to gain an ATP license, so I was seeking schools in Greece to start training. I've found a school and I am one step before starting ATP distance learning and here comes the question: based on your knowledge and experience I would like to know your opinion about ATPL ditance learning, do you think that I will have problems in learning the subjects because of no previous experience, (starting from 0-zero)? I choose this type of training because of my job (Captain Class 'C-Merchant Marine, ocean-going) so I don't stay more than 3 months in Greece and an integrated ATPL takes at least 12-13 months. So, what do you think?

Whirlygig
7th Mar 2010, 11:18
In order to start ATPL ground school distance learning, you need a PPL first.

Cheers

Whirls

Halfwayback
7th Mar 2010, 13:38
Welcome to Pprune

As someone who has a Masters (Unlimited) and an ATPL I can tell you that it is a long and arduous path to tread from one industry to the other.

However here on Pprune there are similarly experienced people who will always help someone get started up the ladder in the industry. However it is always appreciated if they do the research first by using the Search function. I am sure you will find lots of information and learn a great deal about the aviation industry - which is far removed from the maritime industry.

Please feel free to PM me but in the meantime I will close the thread.

HWB