PDA

View Full Version : Internet TV in Dubai

Wordsworth
6th Mar 2010, 06:50
Hi guys,

Think this has been discussed before but cant find it.

Understand MNET TV is being terminated at end of May this year.Nothing to do with it being blocked its just being stopped by the provider as far as I know.

Anybody with any good gen on getting TV from Europe via the internet or satellite.Im looking for UK football and Formula 1 especially with eastenders for the missus.:)

I also hear that Showtime/orbit have lost the English football rights next year.

Any info would be appreciated.

If its a bit of a sensitive topic please send me a PM.

Cheers,

Over and out:ok:

kotakota
6th Mar 2010, 08:18
Normally , I would have said Orbit/Showtime would do you ,with a bit of Badr satellite to get Bahrain Sport 1&2 which is excellent for F1 ( they even have the BBC commentary during the races ).
Eastenders can be found on BBC Entertainment ( used to be BBc Prime ).
Interesting if OSN lose the footie - they build their whole package around the Premiership , just as Sky does in UK ,and have already 'lost' / done away with the 6 Nations , but thankGod for Jazeera Sports Channels - they have the Rugby ( with BBC feed ) and as much footie as you can handle .
I would get a satellite 'fundi' in , hand him a list of channels you need , and take a chance. Nilesat and Badr should do the trick

Bahrain Sport 1 &2
ALL Jazeera Sport Channels ( about 8 of them )
BBC Entertainment

Da Do Ron Ron
6th Mar 2010, 11:08
Ab Dab TV has F1 GP rights this year. Forget Bahrain TV is rubbish.

Should I mention a 'Dreambox' ......

motley flight crue
6th Mar 2010, 11:40
Good news for Aussies with all NRL games on Showtime.
First thing to cheer me up in a long time. Just hope my 8 days off are the
weekend.:ok:

Desert Dawg
7th Mar 2010, 06:04
@Da Do...

I have had a Dreambox for ages. Brilliant with CS from a mate in Belgium.

I get waaaay more than I can watch - all free!!

OBBI_Express
7th Mar 2010, 09:52
On overplay.net you can purchase software that will enable you to change your IP Address to the country that you want to watch live online TV. subscription is about 100Dhs per month. It works well in Bahrain so may do the job in UAE also..

Bidalot
7th Mar 2010, 15:14
same for me :ok: