PDA

View Full Version : Rfds Nsw

Grivation
5th Mar 2010, 21:55
As they're advertising - could someone give us a rundown of the current salary/rostering/lifestyle at RFDS SE. Thanks

B58
6th Mar 2010, 02:18
Cant Speak to actual Rostering or lifestyle in SE Section however looking at the EBA the wages go like this.

Training wage for 3 months or until check to line $48118

1st year $51,838 + allowances = $61078

then Biannual increases all the way to 15 years service

15th year $62205 + allowances = $71445

Howard Hughes
6th Mar 2010, 02:34
EBA on AFAP is a little behind, first year salary (after training) around $81,500 + $2000 in meal/phone allowances.

Josh Cox
6th Mar 2010, 10:16
Please correct me if I am wrong, but was reading on a different aviation site, ( far less regulated and way more fun ), that the NSW IHT contract went to RFDS SE, is this true ? ( not the other provider as previously rumoured ).

Horatio Leafblower
6th Mar 2010, 17:36
yep Josh that is correct, the Vic contract went to the Singaporeans. I am told that the NSW contract was going to PelAir too until someone dropped a Westwind in the water... :uhoh:

Captain Biggles84
7th Mar 2010, 00:09
Does anyone have a good guide as to how close to the desired experience one has to be to get a shot.??

I have just over 2000TT 500Multi 1000 Turbine. About 35 hours short of my ATPL but looking at the desired experience im still a year or so away from having the "prefred experience". Can anyone shed any light on this?

Plus just wondering what the likely hood is of being told to move to another base once set up in say Mascot, as is quoted at the bottom of the ad on AFAP..

Cheers

Track Direct
7th Mar 2010, 05:23
Biggles

The command hour requirements are set by the NSWAA contract, not necessarily RFDS. You will need the multi command time to get a gig and they are big on the night hours. The turbine time may be waived for the right applicant providing you meet the other requirements. Not much chance of having to move from Mascot base, perhaps a rare short term stint at one of the other bases to cover annual leave.

Dances With Dingoes
7th Mar 2010, 06:20
EBA on AFAP is a little behind, first year salary (after training) around $81,500 + $2000 in meal/phone allowances.

And Sal.Sac. makes a fair difference to the take home pays as well, so not really a $80k job if you look at it like that.

DD

Wally Mk2
7th Mar 2010, 09:31
You lot seeking to find a job with the RFDS SE section will do well to make sure yr IF skills are sharp. Obviously you need the hrs as stated especially night hrs & some healthy turbine hrs but during the sim check ride (assuming you make it that far) the old Beech Sim sorts out the those with the "right stuff":). This is where the 'final filter' is these days so get on those 'clocks' & have yr scan perfect!:ok:
Good luck to those joining the RFDS (SE section) in the future. The training/checking is some of the toughest you will find in a GA job 'cause we have the best brains in the business, it's also the best GA job you will ever have & you get only to fly TWIN's....

Wmk2:)

j3pipercub
7th Mar 2010, 10:17
Fwoar Wal, that ole cat b sim in Melbourne can't be any worse than the metro box of pain in the very next room...

Wally Mk2
7th Mar 2010, 10:20
......I think those 2 "black caves" are related!:} I find the actual plane a breeze to fly, the 'cave' is great for procedural stuff but can be a handful as it doesn't fly like the real bird at all I reckon so hence get real good on those dails!:ok:

Wmk2