PDA

View Full Version : Thanks to 185Skywagon

Torres
5th Mar 2010, 00:17
Charleville Mayor Mark O'Brian publicly thanked 185Skywagon yesterday on ABC Radio for his help in the Charleville floods. Mark commented that no one knows the south west Queensland bush like 185Skywagon, who has been flying to provide advice and warnings of approaching flood waters, for the emergency response authorities.

Thanks also to BEACH KING for his help in stripping out our water logged Charleville office. Without his enthusiastic help I would have been in for a very wet night camped in Charleville - as it was, I beat the rising flood water back out of town.

BEACH KING crossed from his home to help, via jet ski!

Sorry Jabba, understandable you did not recognise my voice, but I did not want to distract BEACH KING from the excellent job he was doing for me! :}

What wonderful, resiliant, cheerful people we have living in our Aussie Outback. Despite the misery and problems, everyone has a big smile in anticipation of this winter grain crops and the stock feed that will become available after, in some areas up to thirteen years of drought.

:ok: :ok:

Jabawocky
5th Mar 2010, 05:04
Especially when you answer Beachie's phone! :}

Of all the ratbags in the west it was YOU! :}

Glad to hear you got it all sorted, and back home safe, they are a realyy good "Can Do" bunch those guys. It must have been a long day for you.

J:ok: