PDA

View Full Version : AS350B3 max limit times

Vertical Freedom
4th Mar 2010, 14:00
The AS350B3 FM does not mention a time limit for being in the yellow or red arc. Does anyone know the time limits for being in this range, please? (Yellow is usually 5 or 6 minutes, red 10 seconds) Also if You have been in the range of yellow for 5 minutes how long to be out before pulling yellow again? Thanks for your inputs..Cheers :confused:

4th Mar 2010, 14:44
Try searching this knowledge base for VEMD, FLI, limits etc. at RotorInfo Home (http://www.rotorinfo.com). Just select AS350 from the knowledge base and try an exhaustive search, several topics should come up.

Thumpa1981
4th Mar 2010, 21:58
As far as I’m aware there are no time limits on operating in the yellow cautionary range in the B3, but I’m not too sure about the transient limit times in the red. Hope that this helps.
Thumpa

RVDT
4th Mar 2010, 22:31
The AS350B3 FM does not mention a time limit for being in the yellow or red arc

Check Section 2 LIMITATIONS

It should mention that the yellow range is limited to 5 minutes. This range is for any use above CONTINUOUS power up to the MAXIMUM.

The question of when can you repeat the 5 minutes is whether you are using it continuously!

Appreciate that this limit may be Ng, Temp or Q.

It will probably also indicate that it is not to be used above Vy (best rate of climb speed).

Pretty similar on all helicopters. Remember that if something goes wrong the manufacturer can get more data out of the FADEC / VEMD than people in the field. Continuous exceedances will be obvious.

These limits are used to determine finite and overhaul lives as well and are part of the design. Stick to the limits and it should operate as advertised. Exceed them and you are on your own.

Sounds like you need a bigger helicopter or a smaller load!

Vertical Freedom
4th Mar 2010, 23:28
Actiually none of our 4 x 350B3+ FM's mention a time in the yellow. So it is 5 minutes, thank you. Is it 10 seconds in the red band? Cheers

mfriskel
5th Mar 2010, 01:05
Mine says T4 and NG YELLOW range is TAKE-OFF (not normal cruise, not extended hover, not continued climb). Define the take-off portion of your flight profile and that is you'r yellow limit for T4 and NG.
The RFM further defines TAKE-OFF as ending at 100 feet / 30 meters and CLIMB beginning at that point.
Remember that yellow is not continuous and the more time you spend in the yellow the more expensive your overhauls will be- also you may not make it to the suggested/mandated overhaul times.
YELLOW TORQUE is a 40 knot limit.
RED Band is 5 Seconds for Ng and TQ. There is no RED Band for T4 after start.

JimEli
5th Mar 2010, 19:25
FWIW, while they share the same model designation under the type certificate, my manuals for B3/2B and B3/2B1 have subtle difference/inconsistencies in this respect.

mfriskel
5th Mar 2010, 23:27
My reference was for 2B1 version.