PDA

View Full Version : UK CPL no inclusion of SEP rating

overclock25
2nd Mar 2010, 16:13
Hi guys,

I have a JAR UK CPL with th IR/ME and MEP ratings. The CAA issued that licence the 22nd of january just with these ratings above.

I think they forgot to put on my licence the SEP (expires the 5 of june) rating which is reported on my greek PPL.

Is it happened to anybody else?!? I think I have to ask to the CAA and pay for the inclusion of that class rating on the CPL.

Any ideas?!?

Please help me! Thanks

Nashers
2nd Mar 2010, 16:39
did you do you cpl skills test in an SEP aircraft withing the uk?

if you did there should be no excuses for them not to put it onto your new licence.

as for transfering the licence over, im sure that would not be a problem either as long as you ticked all the right boxes to start off with.

call them in the morning. lets hope they dont ask for more money to do you a favour! :p

overclock25
2nd Mar 2010, 17:02
No, I did the CPL skill test in a multi-engine because my training was 28 hours (20 in single and 8 ina twin) to get directly the CPL-MEP.

But I had current the PPL JAR greece with the SEP valid up to june. On the skill test report form I reported my PPL SEP licence, attached a copy of it and now I don't have the SEP rating.

Tomorrow I will call them, and ask for that. My SEP is current and I need of it cause I've just got a job in a single engine for aerial photos!!!!!

HELP!!!

BigGrecian
2nd Mar 2010, 20:20
For those who have a UK JAA PPL and upgrade to UK JAA CPL :

If you check the instructions which come with your blue book - they tell you to transfer your exisiting rating page from your private licence (brown) to your new CPL licence (blue).

Others contact the CAA.

overclock25
2nd Mar 2010, 21:19
@BigGrecian: What do you mean?!?
anyway I have a GREECE JAR PPL with SEP rating, and they sent to me the CPL in a DHL bag without any instruction papers inside....

mattkcraven
2nd Mar 2010, 22:28
Overclock, you can just remove the certificate of revalidation containing your SEP rating from your PPL and place it straight into your CPL licence. Received an email from the CAA last week regarding the matter.

mad_jock
2nd Mar 2010, 23:19
First of all check page 4 in the box that says ratings on your CPL license. It should have MEP, SPA-IR-MEP and a others hopefully.

If it has SEP listed in that box all you have to do is transfer the ratings signature page from you PPL to your CPL. If its not included in that box you have to contact the CAA.