PDA

View Full Version : For those who think EY doesn't own EK!!

777boyindubai
2nd Mar 2010, 12:16
In-flight Etihad promo was ?technical error? - Emirates - Transportation - ArabianBusiness.com (http://www.arabianbusiness.com/582744-emirates-says-in-flight-etihad-promotion-was-technical-error)-

global707
2nd Mar 2010, 15:15
Give it 3 years to be official
:8

fractional
2nd Mar 2010, 15:20
This was a silly mix-up. I do however believe it's in the cards, but the name will continue to be Emirates :O.

MikeAlphaNovember
2nd Mar 2010, 16:07
You think so? Burj Dubai is not Burj Dubai anymore, why should Emirates stay Emirates?:eek:

Sal-e
2nd Mar 2010, 18:58
Emirates United? (Etihad means 'united')

NG_Kaptain
2nd Mar 2010, 20:51
I hope not, I quite enjoy working for EY and would really hate for us to go down the path that EK has gone.

pool
3rd Mar 2010, 01:26
You mean turning profitable for once? :ugh:

Saltaire
3rd Mar 2010, 04:14
EY is still a little child among airlines, trying to figure things out. It will have it's time, don't worry. :ouch:

Marooned
3rd Mar 2010, 04:20
Perhaps instead of making the same mistakes Emirates has made (and it has made many) on its way to be a 'grown up' airline Etihad could learn from EKs experience and heed some of the warnings.

waldorfin
3rd Mar 2010, 06:41
Mine is better than yours!!!!!!!! puerile people..... naively puerile.

Oblaaspop
3rd Mar 2010, 12:12
Absolutely!!

Based on the evidence from the article, how could any of us have ever doubted the fact that Etihad OWN Emirates.

Well I for one am glad its been confirmed in such clear way!

This can only be a good thing for Etihad, as perhaps one day this Century they too could be profitable!!
:E

shiftpattern
4th Mar 2010, 13:51
Just combine the two names and call it Emtihad.

riakar
4th Mar 2010, 16:31
So the fact that the same thing happened to SQ all month (Etihad logo during the same film) as well - does that mean Etihad has quietly bought them ??? Or could it just be that the wrong files were transferred - just like the article says.

Desert Diner
5th Mar 2010, 18:07
Etihad is not following the Emirates path. They are following the Gulf Air path.

Let's hope at least that Etihad gets it right.

jackbauer
5th Mar 2010, 18:09
They are following the Gulf Air path
Oh yeah following an airline which is currently losing $1.5m each day is a real winning formula.

Desert Diner
6th Mar 2010, 16:43
Oh yeah following an airline which is currently losing $1.5m each day is a real winning formula

You must be new. The Gulf of today is not the Gulf of the last century.

The downward spiral started in the mid 90's when the tristars left and the airbuses came in. And a few other things happened as well around that time which has left the airline you seem to be familiar with.

helen-damnation
6th Mar 2010, 20:01
The Gulf of today is not the Gulf of the last century

Neither is it the Arabian Gulf or the Persian Gulf :}

I'll get my hat..........