PDA

View Full Version : Aiport Security

unimuts
1st Mar 2010, 12:30
LHR security told an ex marine to cover up tattoo because it was offensive to other passengers.

Royal Marine told to cover up regimental tattoo at Heathrow because it was 'offensive' to other passengers | Mail Online (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1254579/Royal-Marine-told-cover-regimental-tattoo-Heathrow-offensive-passengers.html)

What are these people like? what kind of mentality do they have?

Why do we not have any kind of redress against these idiots?

:confused:

uni

CallBell
1st Mar 2010, 12:55
Crazy thing is, he did have it covered up, and only took off his jacket to pass through security!

Capetonian
1st Mar 2010, 13:02
And yet ...... I had the misfortune to be seated next to an obese baldy no-neck creature wearing a cutaway vest, and every part of his body that was visible was covered with tattoos. He had about a kilo of metal sticking out of various parts of his face, and he stank.

I asked to be moved and the CC were cooperative, moving me up to a spare seat in C class and even apologising that there was no C class meal for me. My point is how on earth was this thing allowed through seucrity and onto the aircraft without being made to cover up?

Crusher1
1st Mar 2010, 15:10
Slightly off topic but security related. Is there someone with more knowledge than me who can answer why a laptop needs to be taken out of it's bag for an x-ray? I thought the idea of such a machine was that it can see through objects like canvas carrying cases.

What's worse is that sometimes security want it out of bag, sometimes in bag, my last trip to Oz via Dubai/Brunei involving 6 flights was an exact 50/50 split between the in and out brigade. Makes no sense to me!

Dr Illitout
1st Mar 2010, 15:28
It's airport security mate! They are consistantly inconsistant across the world and eaven across different shifts!

Rgds Dr I

PAPI-74
1st Mar 2010, 15:44
The article is typical moronic behaviour we see daily.

They should have shook his hand, not given him grief.

RB311
1st Mar 2010, 17:31
For security, read the humiliation department or, more realistically...

The department of anti-aviation.

The idea of this department is to put as many people off flying in the Uk as possible, so that no business is attracted to the UK, airlines fly to other european hubs, tourists are put off visiting us and we are discouraged to use aviation as a means of travel.

What is the end result of this wonderful strategy?

1. UK Airlines go bust........... Jobs lost
2. UK Airports go bust... ...... Jobs lost
3. UK businesses go bust...... Jobs lost
4. Loads more people go on the dole, or GBrown's client state....

End result... Britain goes bust :D

One of the many sad things amongst all these sad things is that the very people who work in the security departments can't work this out... :ugh: