PDA

View Full Version : An interesting night

ferris
28th Feb 2010, 08:23
Pretty chaotic. Last night had to be the longest delays I've seen into DXB.

Seemed to work out alright in the end- no aluminium showers. Well done to all involved.

BlueSkye
28th Feb 2010, 09:01
I tend to concur with the above mentioned observation. Ok, let's be frank. Holy cheeses!!!

roadrunner21
28th Feb 2010, 09:20
Care to share the stories?
As SLF, I can confirm that Mirdiff had lakes and rivers last night. Took a drive to pick up a pizza last night, should have gone in a canoe .

CEP
28th Feb 2010, 09:44
Yep, we saw the first couple of hours through until we left at 10, can well guess the nightshift guys had a tough time. But to the ACC guys yesterday PM shift, well done!! Just like being back home in the TS!!!! Well handled!!

LL

cameljockey
28th Feb 2010, 10:21
Yeah, I got to spend 6 hours in Muscat. ATC could do with a wx radar! Might stop some of the interesting vectors trying to be given last night.

Short Approach?
28th Feb 2010, 15:10
Weather radar... Yes please!

I'm sure we'll get one soon. Oh ****, that's right! We're out of cash. Maybe if we call ourselves khalifa-approach, big brother will pay for one?

BlueSkye
28th Feb 2010, 15:27
Don't know if the cost of a wx radar is justified if it's needed maybe five times a year.

Reminder to the guys and girls in the pointy end. If you want priority, declare an emergency (PAN or MAYDAY). Nothing less will do. Not my rules but that's the way it is.