PDA

View Full Version : NPPL syllabus revisions

BEagle
27th Feb 2010, 15:31
The latest versions of the NPPL SSEA and SLMG syllabi are now on the NPPL website. The only changes are:
- SSEA training may be conducted from an RF/FTO in the UK or Isle of Man.
- The SSEA and SLMG Navigation Skill Test profiles and NST report forms have been harmonised. There is no requirement for 'operation at minimum level' to be tested. Recovery to planned track or turning point is only required for the SLMG NST in order to simulate return to the planned route following an abortive off-track soaring opportunity. During the diversion, once the Examiner has been provided with a satisfactory estimate of heading and ETA, the applicant may use radio navigation aids or GPS as required in order to assist with the diversion.

The changes apply with immediate effect.

Whopity
28th Feb 2010, 14:32
Perhaps they should go through the entire site and remove all of the out of date material. There are references to exemptions that expired 8 months ago. The 1st Jan 2008 and 30 Jun 2009 have all been and gone!

BEagle
28th Feb 2010, 16:05
I have asked for this to be done and have requested a progress report on other website matters.

However, some of the 2008 and 2009 references will remain until the AIC is also updated. It is useful for those Examiners who still haven't bothered to acquaint themselves with the NPPL to have at least some historical reference for their dumb "When did that change" questions....:hmm: Although the latest Flight Examiner Handbook does now include NPPL items (pity the holes still aren't spaced correctly though.....:hmm:).

Most of the remaining NPPL admin work is now in the hands of your erstwhile Gatwickian employers, Whopity.

S-Works
28th Feb 2010, 16:27
Although the latest Flight Examiner Handbook does now include NPPL items (pity the holes still aren't spaced correctly though.....).

I am assuming the cuts at the Belgrano prevent them from spiral binding as they did in previous versions!! I just got a pile of A5 sheets in an envelope.

ifitaintboeing
4th Mar 2010, 17:45
I am assuming the cuts at the Belgrano prevent them from spiral binding as they did in previous versions!! I just got a pile of A5 sheets in an envelope.

bose-x, mine arrived spiral bound. You obviously aren't paying the CAA enough!

S-Works
4th Mar 2010, 17:47
Favouritism more like.
:D