PDA

View Full Version : The Infamous Weekly Update

Craic Ore
27th Feb 2010, 08:51
I'm sure there are lots more y'all can find, but another doozie in my opinion.

"Crew, Emirates Staff, Pilots" are reporting that some aren't changing back into their shirt on double break ULRs. Hey BM, aka Capt America, aka Tartan Guy, go back to where you came from so you can remove your nose from the horse's, TCAS's and all managements derriere!

InnocentBystander
27th Feb 2010, 18:13
Well, in all fairness, it was a few local F/O's that during the second in command meeting were complaining that pilots weren't wearing their uniforms at all times during ULR ops.

Fugazi
28th Feb 2010, 03:04
Craic ore....If you think seeing pilots regularly leave the flightdeck wearing tracksuit bottoms and t shirts is professional, then it is no wonder our career is going down the pan. Is it so difficult to wear the uniform we are given, and required to wear?

clear to land
28th Feb 2010, 03:26
Hmm let me think- required to rest but NO adequate changing area except the cockpit (unless of course you are a contortionist- at least on the 777). Company issued pajamas that are synthetic - not only a fire hazard with no place in an aircraft but a type of fabric that does not breathe (and that is assuming they were available in your size- an extremely unlikely eventuality). As far as changing between rest periods go- a different matter.

tatin
28th Feb 2010, 03:32
What is professional or not seems to be cultural, I remember BA captains changing into joggers and smoking pipes after take off.

Also, passengers don`t see the cockpit crew, except when they are moving to their bunks all the way in the back of the aircraft-in their pyama`s-!

There is no problem, until you make one. Very professional attitude.

fatbus
28th Feb 2010, 03:52
minor points 1 new pj's are cotton and 2 what s the big deal ,its their train set get changed in the lav

PorkKnuckle
28th Feb 2010, 04:55
its their train set get changed in the lav

Get changed in the toilet - GREAT IDEA!!! Standing in your socks on the urine-splattered floor, clothes brushing against the urine-splattered toilet.... no thanks, fatbus, but you go ahead and enjoy yourself.

No room to change in the bunk, either, and anyway if Fattyma catches a glimpse of a bare leg, she'll be all "offended" on you and you're removed from roster.

That leaves the front office in front of Hababi who's also offended by your almost bare arse. No wonder the pilots don't want to go through this four times when they can do it only twice.

If these losers had left the crew rest where the manufacturer and the regulators intended it to be, there'd be no problem. Now, thanks to them, there's a problem and as always, it becomes OUR problem.

Get with it, fatbus... in-flight it's YOUR train set - get changed where common sense (as espoused by TCAS) says it's best for you.

kiwi
28th Feb 2010, 05:08
Couldn't agree more Porkknuckle. One of the most insulting and downright stupid and dangerous things they've done, insisting Boeing remove the standard fitment flight deck rest area.
They don't seem to be able to make up their minds, used to be that they didn't want crew identifiable to passengers as they went back to rest, now they seem to be insisting on identifying yourselves as crew!

fatbus
28th Feb 2010, 05:38
You guys must like tea and biscuits, ya its your train set in flight so i guess you are also using first class seat for rest as well . You have to pick your battles and for me this is not one of them, many more important things to direct ones energy. I can guess what AC and seat you occupy.

parabellum
28th Feb 2010, 09:25
Why not do what some other airlines do, split the flight time in two, First Rest and Second Rest? Flew with an ex QF skipper once who was my partner in crime, (double crew), and wanted to split the 13 hour flight into four, I wasn't happy and the local F/Os downright refused, which made decision making quite easy!

ManaAdaSystem
28th Feb 2010, 10:37
WHAT?????
You guys are not allowed to wear your pajamas during the whole flight? My, oh my, what has the aviation world come to?
Can't you just bring your 4 stripe home pajamas to work?
Why don't you bring your LEGO set as well? Trains are so yesterday!

Seriously, guys...

chuckunu
4th Mar 2010, 01:48
It sure seems like the Ek guys are NOT happy.
Managment has found quite a few things to Do to Pi$$ off Pilots.
And it also Sounds Like managment has done a good job of Not trying to fix Small non cost items. from reading this web board It sounds like the Qatar guys have been taken over .

jackbauer
4th Mar 2010, 08:54
from reading this web board It sounds like the Qatar guys have been taken over
It will NEVER be that bad!

EK Snorkel
4th Mar 2010, 09:04
It will NEVER be that bad!

Do you have evidence for such a statement? Did you not make similar statements when you flew for GF? When GF was so "great" why did you join EK? Are you making the same mistakes over and over again?

Just as a reminder; novelty wears off and as you came over from GF your honeymoon period might last a bit longer compared to the chums joining from a first world airline. However, honeymoon periods are generally short in the pit :\

I will remind you when your mood changes:rolleyes: