PDA

View Full Version : How hard are the maths questions in the alptitude tests?

moonlight_caster
26th Feb 2010, 19:04
I don't know where to look to find out...

mad_jock
26th Feb 2010, 19:15
I found the laplace transform a bit of a bitch.

The differential equations were a piece of piss.

Spherical geometry was ok but combined with a cartesian to spherical co-ordinate change the proving of newtons equations was a bit tricky.

BoeingMEL
26th Feb 2010, 19:26
... the spherical calcs are easier if one remembers to apply the inverse trig factor at the outset...Also there's only a 50% chance of advanced Newton's Law questions. If you don't know it now, it's too late to cram! bm :=

Whirlygig
26th Feb 2010, 19:26
No worse than O Level. :E

Anyway, what aptitude tests? GAPAN is the only aptitude test you may want to take. You're not thinking of the aptitude tests for an integrated course are you? :}

Cheers

Whirls

hvogt
26th Feb 2010, 20:12
CTC's questions were a piece of cake. However, one fellow from my group managed to fail the math test. When I said my chances of making it into the Wings Cadet scheme were probably rather little because of ze language barrier, he replied for him there seemed to be a math barrier instead. Made me laugh.

Nearly There
26th Feb 2010, 20:15
There is a sense of humour on Pprune! I thought it had vanished long ago :p

The maths won't be any harder than that covered by GCSE or early A level type stuff...its the spelling tests that are going to catch you out :p

Adios
26th Feb 2010, 22:46
Can you calculate the interest on a £50K loan?

No?

Congratulations, you passed. Welcome to EasyPeasy Pilot Shop!

ShaunLanc
26th Feb 2010, 23:03
Lol adios made me laugh

BoeingMEL
27th Feb 2010, 04:57
...the question was about alptitude tests! :bored:

Whirlygig
27th Feb 2010, 08:05
You're quite right MEL, how presumptious of me.

In that case I amend my advice and suggest that the OP gets herself to the nearest dry ski slope (Sandown might be the closest) and ask for a nursery slope assessment from an instructor.:ok:

Cheers

Whirls

moggiee
27th Feb 2010, 11:56
...the question was about alptitude tests! :bored:
In which case we must hope (for the sake of the OP) that english language skills aren't tested.

moonlight_caster
27th Feb 2010, 16:30
Thanks for the answers I'm very grateful :)

One more question (one that I'm a little worried about), can you become a pilot if you wear glasses?

Whirlygig
27th Feb 2010, 16:55
Yes. I quite often wear sunglasses. :}

Moonlight caster, if you wish to receive sensible answers, you need to define your questions more clearly. Then, having defined your question (i.e. can I get a Class 1 medical if my eyesight is 20/50), you will have enough information to be able to research the answer yourself.

First off, why not look at the CAA website? Then google LASORS and download it.

Cheers

Whirls

chrisbl
27th Feb 2010, 19:04
The maths questions are not hard. If you failed the test, they would lose a customer.

The core of the test is to see whether you are able to recognise that you might be wasting a shed load of money.

DA-10mm
28th Feb 2010, 03:02
apparently not as tough as the english/spelling quizzes, as long as you're not trying to pluralize the word "aircraft"