PDA

View Full Version : Cessna Cargo Pods

Charlie Horse
26th Feb 2010, 07:03
Hi

Are there any cessna experts out there who can answer the following?

Can you get cessna cargo packs (pods) for the cessna 172 and the cessna 207 skywagon?

I have a Cessna 206 cargo pack, does this fit the 207?

Cheers

c100driver
26th Feb 2010, 19:26
Cessna don't make cargo pods for the C172 and I don't remember seeing one on the C207 or it being offered as an option.

The C206 pod does not directly fit the C207, I would hate to think how a C207 would perform with a pod as its a bit of a lead sled to start with.

Composites International in New Zealand were developing a pod for the C172 a few years ago, I never saw it fly but it did look OK on the aircraft. One of the questions I asked at the time was with the extra weight of the pod how much payload was lost? The C172 payload is not great at the best of times and a pod would just make it worse.

Alaska sky pod might have a pod option for those airframes, as they cover all sorts of different types?

I don't remember the C207 ever being called the skywagon, the C185 was called the skywagon and the early C206 were called the Super Skywagon for a short period before they became the Stationair.

By George
27th Feb 2010, 00:35
In 1974 I flew as a Charter pilot for Lanhams Air Charter based in Mt Isa Queensland (Aus). We had one of the first 207s' and it had a cargo pod. Limit 120lbs I think, too long ago to remember. It flew like all 207s didn't like going much above 5.000ft with a load. I have photograghs of it, complete with Pod but I am not very computer smart otherwise I would post them. Sadly I once carried a station managers dog inside the pod as a favour and the exhaust fumes killed it. Registration was VH-MHL

yut1997
11th Mar 2010, 09:56
Just bought a '73 Cessna 207... with the "SkyWagon" name emblazoned clearly on the cover of the POH, as well as detailed notes on the cargo pod option (300lb max).