PDA

View Full Version : Working For Pacific Blue NZ

bluewater
25th Feb 2010, 03:55
Hi Guys
Please, can someone comment on the WORKING CONDITIONS for Pacific Blue? I have seen the Virgin PB application, basic info, etc – BUT Looking for an inside view from the “horse’s mouth”, so to speak. Appreciate anyone who has/makes the time to reply.:ok:
BW

QUESTIONS:
 Hours flown per month?
 Do you do STANDBY DUTIES and do you get “called out” often/never (Auckland basing)?
 Can you BID/REQUEST for your ROSTER (flights, standby, etc) or get what you given? How does it work?
 Sign on before DEP (how long)?
 Typical month’s roster including DAYS OFF & DAYS OFF in a row?
 DAYS away per month?
 Where do you fly ex AKL?
 Flight deck atmosphere (from both seats)?
 Management attitude to pilots?
 Cabin crew attitude to pilots?
 NET (in your pocket) take home PAY (for both seats)?
 ALLOWANCES & how it works including take home $$?
 Cost of living like in Auckland (I am a KIWI)?
 Do guys leave so UPGRADES possible? How long?
 ANY THING ELSE YOU WISH TO COMMENT ON?

catpac
25th Feb 2010, 14:29
I have got nothing to do with PAC Blue, but the only thing I can comment on is the cost of living in AKL.

Housing expensive. Cost of real estate is similar to OZ major capitals with the only difference it's in NZD (which at the moment is about 30% weaker than AUD).
Food and utilities not too bad, comparing it to OZ, its much cheaper.
Cars are very cheap to buy but fuel is very expensive, approx cost of 1L of unleaded 91 is about NZD$1.60-1.70 it has been above $2.00 within the last 2 years.
In terms of tax, I would imagine your FO salary would most likely put you into the 25-35% bracket, I have heard recently there is talk of tax reduction though. At the same time GST is being increased by a couple of % in the very near future.

Just my 2 cents worth,
Good luck!
C

bluewater
25th Feb 2010, 14:55
Catpac
Thanks thats a good start.
BW