PDA

View Full Version : Warbird for lease?

Tibbsy
23rd Feb 2010, 11:49
From the AFAP ads.

22 FEBRUARY 2010

Warbird Adventure Flights are seeking expressions of interest to CPL pilots with 300 hours minimum experience. Pilots must have good marketing skills with a view of leasing one of our Nanchang CJ6s to establish their own Warbird operation either short or long term. The right applicant will be trained and assisted under favourable terms. Contact Nigel 08 8555 4075 or [email protected]

Now, why would you lease one of your 'warbirds' out and then assist them to set up a business in competition to yours? :confused:

ab33t
23rd Feb 2010, 12:37
I think it is more that they will provide you with the plane and maintain the plane that sounds like business to me .

Wildpilot
23rd Feb 2010, 13:25
I wouldn't look for a conspiracy theory as the job has gone already.

Ixixly
23rd Feb 2010, 13:25
Pretty sure Warbird refers to ex-military aircraft, and the chang is definitely ex-military.

You know, just thought i'd point it out.

Oh, and, i'm pretty sure its still a Job when you own the business and operate the aircraft in return for some sort of money.

Once again, just thought i'd point it out.

longrass
23rd Feb 2010, 14:03
Lol, lots of pilots have jobs and don't recieve money, or in extreme cases, very little! (read award wage)

Horatio Leafblower
24th Feb 2010, 02:05
If you think the award is crap, you should try the "wages" if you own the business :ouch:

Even the best businesses can take 2-5 years before they climb into the black, and until that happens it all comes out of the owner's pocket.

...just pointing that out, since Ixy is pointing things out.

Ixixly
24th Feb 2010, 04:04
Touche good sir, touche :}

Jethro Gibbs
24th Feb 2010, 06:52
its not a job its more work for FREE or pay them :ugh:

Tibbsy
24th Feb 2010, 08:32
I would hardly call a 'Chang a 'warbird', to my knowledge they never saw active combat.

Even lil old CT4s and Winjeels get called warbirds RoxyChick. There was a ground attack variant of the CJ6 though I'm not sure if it ever saw combat.

Warbird is a term used to describe vintage military aircraft. Although the term originally implied piston driven aircraft from the World War II era, it is now often extended to include all military aircraft, including jet powered aircraft, that are no longer in military service

Warbird - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warbird)

They call me Bruce
25th Feb 2010, 02:49
Been there done that with this mob. Be BLOODY careful.

M14_P
25th Feb 2010, 05:56
I'd be careful as well, it is a Nanchang afterall. *waits for Corkey to come running round the corner with a baseball bat*