PDA

View Full Version : Time to say the truth!

sheikmyarse
21st Feb 2010, 21:13
Dubai is wonderful city and EK is the best company in the world.
I got too much money for the stupid and zero stress job I do.The weather is always good in summer in the subcontinent and in winter in the West and vice versa.
My managers are empathic professionals caring only for the well being of the crew.
I sleep almost every night in my bed and I'm never tired and the few ULR flight i do I sleep excellently well in the Armani designed bunk just behind the cockpit.
The people in Dubai are friendly and supportive and you can see culture perspiring in any corner. A few days in Dubai and you are already part of a community. When you want something done you just have to ask and professionals of all kind are available to solve your problems.
The city itself was built with a visionary expertise and the most environmental friendly practices to be energy efficient. The low rise highly insulated, passively conditioned, greenery abundant projects on the coast line are an example for the world.The construction worker , as all the labourers are well paid and treated and they have a lot benefits including a pension scheme .
There is freedom of speech and cult and catholic temples are all over the city as well as jew and shintoist and buddist one.The EK pilots group is an example of professionalism and there is a strong Union to protect them. There are no asslickers and every single one of them stands for each colleague that should unfortunately find himself in trouble. The morality of them shows especially in their commitment for the rehabilitation of the prostitutes of Singapore Manila and Bangkock.
The treatment of the cabin crew is just splendid and even superior to the one reserved to pilots.
Money is the last thing in Dubai.The democratically elected government works to improve the already first class free health care system and the public provident scheme for all residents. Everyone is left to act according to his belief and a tolerant and balanced legal system based on a secular civil code tha particularly safeguards the interest of the immigrants workers.
What a paradise.

filejw
22nd Feb 2010, 01:22
I you have green card Jay Leno and David Letterman are always looking for writers.....

lionoftheleft
22nd Feb 2010, 03:39
I can not agree more.

intaomri
22nd Feb 2010, 03:55
And I thought the exodus has already started. I think you should have made this post a lot earlier to remind the people what they are gojng to mess.:D

skysod
22nd Feb 2010, 04:21
And how long is it now that you have chosen to resdide there Sheikmyarse? You obviously love it really!!

jackbauer
22nd Feb 2010, 04:43
Ha ha ha!!!! Sheik, somebody touch a nerve then? You have too much time on your hands pal and no balls to just leave a place that makes you a miserable sod. You bully others here to feel good about yourself. PPRuNe used to be a place of useful topics which others could share opinions on. Now its home to useless axe grinders who have no direction in life.

Craic Ore
22nd Feb 2010, 04:59
Jack,

I can see your side of things, better to make the best of it; but to be honest, what percentage of pilots are truely happy here? Just keep asking and chatting with your fellow pilots at work like I do. I'm thinking 10-20% at the most. The reasons and stories (in dealings with the company and in dubai) I hear, never cease to amaze me.

But what choice do most of us have? What else is there to go to? I personally think of what's most important to me - my family. As long as they are happy(ish) here, why leave for now? I personally think it sucks. We work for an out of touch management that appears to be doing everything they can to line their own pockets at the expence of our happiness and lifestyle. Dubai is no bed of roses, but you can make a generally good time of it if you ignore the major failings of this city. I think, as much as some of the posters are negative, it's just them relaying the general theme of working for EK.

I'll keep this short, but could go into a long diatribe. The ****e bucket is filling up but the money one is still more important for the time being. For how much longer that balance remains in place has yet to play out. Stay tuned.

CO

saywhat
22nd Feb 2010, 05:44
I'm sorry to be the one to inform you all that "sheikmyarse" was recently found on Emirates Road licking car windows. He has been checked into the psychiatric ward at the Iranian hospital, and will shortly be taking up residence in Baghdad, as soon as his political asylum has been processed....:}

bloggs2
22nd Feb 2010, 07:30
Some happy campers! Or maybe there is something off screen apart from the script? Is the Sheik amongst them....?

Emirates Careers Centre Media Player (http://www.emiratesgroupcareers.com/flash/mediaplayer/media_player.aspx?video=geoff_braden_flight_deck_crew)

Emirates Careers Centre Media Player (http://www.emiratesgroupcareers.com/flash/mediaplayer/media_player.aspx?video=kalina_comenho_flight_deck_crew)

Emirates Careers Centre Media Player (http://www.emiratesgroupcareers.com/flash/mediaplayer/media_player.aspx?video=cpt_michael_crosby_flight_deck_crew)

gardenshed
22nd Feb 2010, 08:15
Sad thing is they could only find 3 pilots amid the approx 2500 of us here!!:}

Instant Hooligan
22nd Feb 2010, 08:33
I wonder, now after the honeymoon has finished, if they'd be willing to do the same "promo video" again.

Sheikh Your Bootie
22nd Feb 2010, 08:39
I would say Habibis that these videos were made at least 2 years ago, during the last recruitment splurge.

Anyone who comes to EK, must be aware that they can be chopped in training for any screw up that a trainer makes during line training. You have no protection, no matter how hard any training management tries on your behalf to rescue the situation.
Also, I don't understand why anyone would go into, or back into the training dept given the sh1t that happened in MAN last winter. I think most of the present training management are decent enough, but when the firing decisions come from way up the food chain, what can they do?? :sad::sad:

There many other negatives at EK, read this forum and learn. ONLY come here if you have no job, you have been warned. You have no rights

SyB :zzz:

beachflt
22nd Feb 2010, 09:28
i wonder wether Crosby who features in the Media Career promotions had those bags under his eyes b4 he joined emirates or are they a result of his new life nad lovr ULR'S?

Saltaire
22nd Feb 2010, 10:58
What you don't see is AAR as the director behind the camera with a camel cane and a twitch in his eye. Now read THIS when I say, ok.....Action. No, like you mean it...Ok, not very convincing but good enough habibi, you get to live. Now run along, and bring your hat next time. :O

GoreTex
22nd Feb 2010, 12:25
this dude is a f**** w****r, I cant believe he would lower himself to do a video like this even during the honeymoon

sheikmyarse
22nd Feb 2010, 12:32
Jack, mate...

Unlike you I got balls and I left dude.Dubai is a place where only selfish and shallow arsholes can live and prosper. And you are an evident proof of that.

al sahlam aleikum

sheikmyarse
22nd Feb 2010, 12:43
I took a look at the videos.
The brasilian lady looks like some one that is being held captive by a terrorist group and is forced to say whatever they want under the menace of a gun...ah ah...it is could be incredibly funny if not for the fact that it is actually like that.

Jet II
22nd Feb 2010, 13:08
We work for an out of touch management that appears to be doing everything they can to line their own pockets at the expence of our happiness and lifestyle.

and that is different from the management at any other airline how?

MrMachfivepointfive
22nd Feb 2010, 14:29
Is there anybody else who thinks that Kalina is the twin sister of Star Trek Voyager's Catherine Janeway?