PDA

View Full Version : ATPL daily revision time?

liam548
21st Feb 2010, 18:31
I've not really started hammering the hours after PPL and it will be a while before I will be able to start my CPL but I am trying to decide on the best time to start my ATPLs distant learning course.

Obviously I am going to get my class 1 first but am wanting to know how long you spent, on average, daily study time on your ATPLs?

I am wanting to plan to start it when I have maximum spare time at home etc

Cheers

flyvirgin
21st Feb 2010, 18:41
I'm doing 3-4 hours 6 days a week:ok:

INNflight
21st Feb 2010, 20:16
I'm currently doing 4-5 hrs a day, five days a week.

liam548
21st Feb 2010, 20:31
Thats a lot of studying time. Is this following what your school recommend?

tigermagicjohn
21st Feb 2010, 21:21
School recommend 4 hours 5 days a week + one full day in the weekend. And believe me you are going to need it.

PAPI 32
21st Feb 2010, 22:15
I take my hat off you to you guys. I'd seriously struggle if I went long distance, I really need the classroom/direct teaching method to learn the vast amount of information you need to be available to recall.

IrishJetdriver
21st Feb 2010, 23:50
You study as long as you need. I revised 6 hours a day 7 days a week during the full time groundschool and ramped it up to 10 hours a day in the immediate run up to the exams, after the groundschool was ended. That was what I needed and I got the lot first time round. Even now I look back in disbelief at the effort that was required yet at the same time they were some of the best days ever.

Cirrus_Clouds
22nd Feb 2010, 05:44
Since I purchased the distance learning, I didn't make much progress with long days and commuting to work plus girlfriend, so went into part-time study 1yr ago. I spend between 8-10 hrs on study now most days and weekend, but again varies with what other things are going on, places I'm visiting etc. So since september I've managed to get most mod 1 done and trying to give myself 1-2 month for revision and question bank. There's tons of reading, not really something I enjoy doing all the time but I am now making progress and won't have to do this for much longer.

liam548
22nd Feb 2010, 05:48
So do you guys doing 4-5 hours per day do the studying in an evening after working 9-10 hours?

Can someone clarify how long after passing the first exam you have to complete the rest and also after completing all the ATPLs how long you have to complete the CPL skills test?

Cirrus_Clouds
22nd Feb 2010, 05:55
You have 18 months to complete mod 2, after passing first exam.

b.a. Baracus
22nd Feb 2010, 08:15
I also do 3-4 hrs 6 days per week, around a full time job.

As said before, you have 18months from first exam sitting, and 36 months from final exam sitting to gain CPL/IR.