PDA

View Full Version : AirFrance to Niamey with the current coup.

Nemrytter
20th Feb 2010, 10:05
Hello JetII

PAXboy
20th Feb 2010, 10:33
Gosh, it's almost like no one wants to take responsibility? Or is that no one knows $hit? The airline biz is just like any other these days - changes by the minute and everyone thinks that you will hold them financially accountable for every word they say.

I predict an early wake up and then it's a wash out. If you're really unlucky, you will get to visit the airport to be told that the flight is canx ...:ugh:

Fargoo
20th Feb 2010, 16:53
Not sure what PAXboy is going on about :confused:

Anyway, todays flight left as scheduled so no reason to think that tomorrows wouldn't. Guess there's no lie in for you!

Flight status
Information last updated at 18:51 Paris time
All times shown are local times
AF730

Flight left from Paris (CDG) at 16:17 Sat 20 Feb 10

Scheduled arrival in Ouagadougou (OUA) at 20:42, Sat 20 Feb 10

Nemrytter
20th Feb 2010, 17:47
Hello JetII

caiman27
20th Feb 2010, 18:07
Well, since the flight will have people booked on to Ouaga also, it makes sense to operate it rather than cancel with all the problems of hotels, refunds etc. Distance from Paris is about the same so not a biggy to fly direct. The overland drive between Ouaga and Niamey is a bitch though - 12 hours over very poor roads.

Fargoo
20th Feb 2010, 19:05
Thanks for the replies. Fargoo, the flight information you have is for a different flight
There's one in the morning (AF732) that goes via Niamey, then there's one in the afternoon that is direct (AF730).

AF still seem reluctant to say if the AF732 will be running tomorrow so it seems I'll actually have to go to the airport to find out.

No problem, might be worth a call to see if you can transfer to the 730 if there's space?

Nemrytter
22nd Feb 2010, 06:35
Hello JetII

Fargoo
22nd Feb 2010, 08:41
Good news :ok: I guess they thought as the flight was going ahead there was no need to release any information!