PDA

View Full Version : CSG Darwin

Gearup2
20th Feb 2010, 00:58
Anyone have any info on these guys

The usual stuff....

Pay?
Are pilot’s casual or fulltime?
How many aircraft do they operate? C310 and PA31?
Is the bulk of there work all in house company charters?

Any info would be greatly appreciated?

goldypilot
20th Feb 2010, 03:25
no comment. i believe that its not a chieften its a cheap tin sittin in a scrap pile

Digaf
20th Feb 2010, 03:29
CSG from what I have heard are a good company to work for, SR, their senior pilot has good experience and would also be an excellent person to work under. They pay above award however being a Private operation, pilots may be exposed to long days, but if you weren't a city boy pansy like a lot of bar wearing wanks around these days you prob wouldnt have problem.

Started off with a Lance and a Chieftain, then about 4 years ago bought a B200, traded it in for a Hawker Premier, N34GN I think then bought a Citation VII, VH-LYM. I think they still have the Hawker to cover the work when the CJ is in for Maint. All of their work is in house and the VII does a truck load of work, mostly DN-SY DN-ML, but can be seen anywhere.

Their PA31 went in the drink after takeoff not so long ago due eng fail, which they never replaced but now have a Vulcan Air Partenavia with a semi glass setup reg VH-VMV. And I think the Lance still does a lot of work out of Alice Springs.

About 2 or 3 years ago they couldn't get anyone to fly the Lance, you would see the job come up out of Alice every 6 months. Aside from being in Alice for longer than six months would have been a great job, lots of hours, good equip, good variety in locations etc.

I am sure they don't need any drivers as most of the time they are sourced from the friends bucket, but never know your luck if you make yourself known to them, like anywhere of course.

Have fun. Gaf.

goldypilot
20th Feb 2010, 03:37
if you weren't a city boy pansy like a lot of bar wearing wanks around these days you prob wouldnt have problem.

OUCHHHHHH.

But too right the CP is a good bloke:ok:

D-J
19th Feb 2011, 20:30
Anyone have any idea as to how many hours a year they do & how much movement the R44 does?

Power
3rd Oct 2012, 09:28
Any idea if this operation is still going? Can't find anything on their site except an old EOI pilot application form. The email address on the form bounced back when I sent them something.

SpyderPig
3rd Oct 2012, 13:58
Still going with the party bus and lance out of Darwin. From what I hear it's good going though not massive hours. Can't tell you much more than maybe call or rock up in person as per the norm if your looking for a start.

The tech guys that you fly around are a good bunch too, like their red wine!

Power
3rd Oct 2012, 19:36
cheers, after some digging it would appear they have been bought out by NEC.

GoCompany
31st Oct 2012, 12:40
They certainly have...just finished painting up the last of the Lances with the NEC logo last week I heard. Agreed that they're a good bunch of guys...wouldn't be a bad gig I think!