PDA

View Full Version : EY Troubles

union man
19th Feb 2010, 14:03
Just heard that the holding pool for new pilots has been dismissed. Makes no sense since this does not cost them. Anyone know why?

Hoggtart
19th Feb 2010, 14:22
Could be because latest scuttle butt says that all new entrants will be going to A320, contrary to what those in the pool may have been interviewed for. The company is deeply in debt so who knows what they are up to.....

union man
19th Feb 2010, 16:03
They are 320 drivers that have been released. And now with the 400 cabin crew being relieved. One wonders. Any news on aircraft cancellations?

johnnyramjet
20th Feb 2010, 04:50
It will all settle down after the merger. :ok:

Hoggtart
21st Feb 2010, 15:16
no cancellations may be some 'delays', the 400 will be those with poor sickness records etc. As far as operation goes EY is applying 1 per 50 thus 1 crew per aircraft can be ditched...belt being tightened so that JH and others will command their management salaries. 300 million the wrong side of the balance sheet must be addressed...hahaha:cool:

Eff Oh
22nd Feb 2010, 09:11
There are a few guys in the B777 holding pool now. Does it look like they won't be taken on now?

EY346Driver
22nd Feb 2010, 16:09
I really don't know where you guys are getting all your info from? We are starting to recruit again (A320 now and A330 soon) and with the exception of some cabin crew who were sacked due to no shows and other incidents, they are certainly nowhere near 400. More like 10 or so.
I was told about recruitment from one of our Chief Pilots and about the sacking of Cabin crew directly from one of the Cabin Crew Supervisors.

I certainly am not one to try and defend the management (see my posts on the Etihad bonus) but I know there are a lot of guys who have applied or are interested in applying so lets not give them duff gen.

PS
MR HOGAN MY SCHOOL FEES HAVE INCREASED BY 45% MATE

ShirleyNot
22nd Feb 2010, 18:15
All i can tell you is that the resent interviewees (A330A340) have been placed in a hold pool due delayed delivery dates for the A330, any news?

Hoggtart
23rd Feb 2010, 13:28
Sorry old boy but the thinking is "your lucky to have a job" I guess they will argue your lucky to be getting any proportion of school fees. Lets face it guys we took the Sheik's shilling oops Dirham now we are owned by the UAE. If you have seen RH's recent email now the airline wants to mature and in order to mature it has to sack, sorry not renew 400 contracts for cabin crew.
The exodus of flight deck has started and some of the trainers have voted with their feet, so I guess the operation is becoming more economical.
We have to streamline and pull our belts in, that way RH and the others can sustain their rather large pay checks and management bonus's.
Iachieve a streamlined, slick operation. I guess the guy in the RHS could pop out and help with the service, after all we are the world's leading airline and passengers fly with the best which must include muti-tasking!
If they want to help mature the company get rid of the dead wood at the top people who get paid in excess of 65000DHS a month ditch 10 or 20 of them and up go the profits!:D

global707
25th Feb 2010, 12:46
johnnyramjet is warmest of the lot...:8