PDA

View Full Version : BA487 MAD-LHR 18th Feb - Divert to BCN

i-want-a-gold-card
19th Feb 2010, 11:57
A friend of mine was on this flight which diverted to BCN due to a strange smell in the cockpit, Other than potential upset by some passengers due cabin lights and other non essential electrics being turned off it was uneventful with a greatjob done by all concerned.

Does anyone have any further detail as to what the issue was that I can pass on?

Thanks

Mike

CornishFlyer
19th Feb 2010, 14:07
No news I'm afraid but I saw the story on Sky news: British Airways Flight BA 487 Makes Emergency Landing In Barcelona On Way To London, Strange Smell | Home | Sky News (http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/British-Airways-Flight-BA-487-Makes-Emergency-Landing-In-Barcelona-On-Way-To-London-Strange-Smell/Article/201002315552590?lpos=Home_Third_Home_Page_Article_Teaser_Reg ion__0&lid=ARTICLE_15552590_British_Airways_Flight_BA_487_Makes_Eme rgency_Landing_In_Barcelona_On_Way_To_London%2C_Strange_Smel l)

Sounded so overly dramatic. Maybe the fact there was someone who worked for News Core (guessing that is a typo of Corp) thought they try to get a dramatic story out of it. Just hope your friend is ok and not traumatised by it like our media friend

i-want-a-gold-card
19th Feb 2010, 18:55
No, My friend is a seasoned flyer as well as was not put out at all by the supposed commotion, Other than the lights being put out presumably to cut power to non essential components there was nothing unusual with everything by the book. Other than an unexpected night in Barcelona he wasnt put out by anything.