PDA

View Full Version : AFAP DOES NOT RECOGNISE MOZILLA Users

muddergoose
19th Feb 2010, 09:29
QUOTE: 'It has been brought to the attention of the AFAP that the Firefox browser does not display recently listed jobs. Please consider viewing this page with an alternate browser.'

What has AFAP changed within the last few weeks for Mozilla to ignore entries?:8

chimbu warrior
19th Feb 2010, 10:00
Perhaps it is a Firefox update that caused the problem.

muddergoose
19th Feb 2010, 11:08
Chimbu.... My Browser automatically uploaded an update today. After that was said and done there was no AFAP update.

There was a period about two weeks ago (give or take) where there appeared to be a delay in offerings i.e.- there was a sabbatical then all of a sudden there were listings with dates 1 to 2 weeks previous the day of the advertisement.

Time will reveal all. :8

It downloaded, not uploaded! :ouch:

18-Wheeler
19th Feb 2010, 12:33
QUOTE: 'It has been brought to the attention of the AFAP that the Firefox browser does not display recently listed jobs. Please consider viewing this page with an alternate browser.'

In reality they should code the page using standard code so every browser will read it properly. Proprietary code is no good for anyone.
(Take note, you heathen IE users!)

Metro man
19th Feb 2010, 13:03
There is an add on available for Firefox called "User Agent Switcher" which makes the site you are trying to access think that you are using a different browser which you select from the tools menu.

May be worth trying.

onezeroonethree
20th Feb 2010, 03:56
Switch to google chrome... fast, no lag, and pop-up free...

i wouldnt touch IE with a 50ft pole... unless i wanted to deliberately make my computer clog up with spyware :}

Unhinged
20th Feb 2010, 04:44
User Agent Switcher doesn't help unfortunately. And Chrome might be fast, but it's the ultimate in self-contained spyware http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/eek.gif Wouldn't touch it with the same 50 ft pole that I won't touch IE with !! Looks like it'll have to be Safari with everything turned off until AFAP fix whatever non-standard code they've decided to use.

18-Wheeler
20th Feb 2010, 08:54
The best browser I've ever used is the latest Opera (http://www. opera.com). Faster and more reliable than the others.
You can set it so it identifies itself as Ie, Firefox, etc to any website so it'll work pretty much anywhere. For example I sometimes use Australian travel maps, street directory, driving directions & aerial photographs - Whereis.com (http://www.whereis.com) but again they haven't bothered to code it properly and say you can't use Opera there - I just told Opera to tell that site it was Firefox and it all works perfectly.

muddergoose
20th Feb 2010, 09:07
Metro man

I did that.

Unhinged

Unfortunately... you are right.

Are there any members of AFAP that have been required to nominate web browsers as part of the sign up procedure to AFAP? I am not a member... I can't afford to be :(

I would imagine payment is required from AFAP for an aviation company to publicise vacancies via the WWW therefore why doesn't AFAP make paid advertisement to the cyber community available on all Platforms? It would be doing, not the bread and butter, the crumbs an injustice?

Please, erudites, educate me :}

Unhinged
20th Feb 2010, 11:06
When they make AdblockPlus, Flashblock and NoScript for Opera, I will certainly consider it, but just been surfing for half an hour without them and it's 'orrible !! Even Pprune is painful with all the extra stuff taking up screen real-estate (Torbutton would also be nice, but I can live without it for mainstream surfing, at least until that clown Conroy starts filtering what I can see on the net)

Dark Knight
20th Feb 2010, 22:51
Tried it today and works fine, same as it has in the past.

DK

muddergoose
21st Feb 2010, 00:21
My Mozilla only displays jobs to the 12 February. Is yours the same DARK KNIGHT?

Correction: 12 January:ok:

Led Zep
21st Feb 2010, 02:45
I can only 12th of January jobs!

rmcdonal
21st Feb 2010, 03:40
muddergoose I don't think AFAP charge to post job apps, but they do for advertising.

18-Wheeler
21st Feb 2010, 05:31
When they make AdblockPlus, Flashblock and NoScript for Opera, I will certainly consider it,

AdblockPlus - A.Ruzanov - AdBlock for Opera - analogue of «Adblock Plus: Element Hiding Helper» (http://my.opera.com/Lex1/blog/adblock-for-opera-analogue-of-adblock-plus-element-hiding-helper)
Flashblock - A.Ruzanov - Flashblock for Opera 9 (http://my.opera.com/Lex1/blog/flashblock-for-opera-9)
NoScript - =http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r20612328-Firefoxs-NoScript-for-Opera-or-all-browsers or http://www.ghacks.net/2010/02/02/opera-noscript-alternative-blockit/]Firefox's NoScript for Opera (or all browsers) - dslreports.com

So there ya go.

Hasselhof
21st Feb 2010, 20:40
The AFAP jobs site has never rendered properly with Firefox. This issue has been going for over two years so its nothing new. Occasionally it will render correctly but frequently Firefox users will not be able to see all jobs advertised on the site at once. I'm a Firefox user, however I actually have a second web browser installed with the AFAP job site as its home page specifically for checking that website. Safari works well, google chrome works well, IE works well, and I've not tried opera. (For Camino users on Mac or Seamonkey users on any platform, none of the Mozilla browsers will render the page correctly as they all use the same Geko rendering engine).

I have also noticed that the site won't render correctly using Safari on the iPhone which is a total PITA when unable to get to my laptop, however it's a free service and its mere existence is of benefit to me. :ok:

Dark Knight
21st Feb 2010, 23:39
MG

Checked just now and job for 21st FEB advertised.

DK

muddergoose
22nd Feb 2010, 02:01
Dark Knight,

22nd of Feb comes up for me too. Maybe someone at AFAP reads this site? :}

Keep up the good work AFAP jobs department and keep them coming :ok:

el_capitano
22nd Feb 2010, 04:49
Just checked AFAP using FireFox and it comes with last job posted 22nd Feb,
Only problem is the last job that was posted after the 22nd Feb was on the 12th Jan.
Hopefully all new jobs will be listed with out any problems using FireFox. :ok:

freshy1234
22nd Feb 2010, 08:10
Firefox rendered the afap site just fine for the latest posting (22nd of Feb), maybe they fixed it.

Why I use Firefox:
IE is absolutely useless and Microsoft is far too slow to correct issues.
Chrome is legal spyware (it is faster for me though).
Opera has a bad name.

That leaves Firefox which works just fine.

Unhinged
22nd Feb 2010, 09:49
Thanks 18-W !

18-Wheeler
22nd Feb 2010, 12:49
Opera has a bad name.

Only for the people that don't take any time to learn it's tricks and change it to suit themselves; you can alter nearly anything in it to make it how you want.

FWIW I tried the AFAP site and it all seemed to work just fine with Opera 10.10

muddergoose
24th Feb 2010, 09:38
I see a job appeared on the 23rd and one on the 24th, visible through Mozilla.

Hopefully the issue has been fixed?

Don't forget to keep voting on which Web Browser you use :ok:

muddergoose
21st Apr 2011, 10:59
Just downloaded Firefox 4.0 and AFAP is not displaying properly. Just a heads up.