PDA

View Full Version : Dakar Rally flying job

bigdog1971
18th Feb 2010, 09:35
G'day all, I have done a search on the topic but there is not much up to date information around, the posts that are relevant are at least 3 years old and closed.
I'm looking to apply for a Pilot position on the next year's Rally and am not having much success in tracking down any information.
Can anyone point me in the right direction to send my inquiries.
Im particuarly interested in guidance on what Licence I would need? I have ATPL (H) and IREX with lots of hours CAPT and Twin turbine but im guessing a Aussie licence wont cut it?

regards

Bigdog.

spinwing
18th Feb 2010, 09:40
Mmmm ...

I would imagine what license you would require depends on where the rally is being held.

The organisers would then no doubt go to that areas local operators to set it all up.

In the past when the rally was in Africa ... I think French Operators ran everything using French registered machines ...... I think???

Good luck :confused:

bigdog1971
18th Feb 2010, 09:50
The last couple of years since the terror threats the race has been held around Argentina and Chile - I think it will be around the same next year.
The posts that do exist talk about a French mob doing the flying and if you go to their website they have a nice line up of helicopters with Dakar stickers and paint on the front page (With Dakar 2006 stickers tho) but that info is quite old so not sure if its still the same guys.

Thanks for the help, lets see what other info is out there.
Regards
Bigdog

9Aplus
18th Feb 2010, 09:59
Some birds where singing about next Rally in Europe again,
with start in Zagreb 9A :hmm:

kmax
18th Feb 2010, 12:10
In Africa, Mount Blanc helicopters flew the Paris Dakar rally.
Don't know about South -America

gnz
18th Feb 2010, 15:17
South America is partially covered by ecocopter. Local market looks good enough for their needs (and cheaper...). Try that Helicópteros en Chile | Ecocopter (http://www.ecocopter.cl/)
Some info on the 09 rally in their ad' newsletter ; http://www.ecocopter.cl/news-pdf/ecocopter-news-abril-2009.pdf

bigdog1971
19th Feb 2010, 06:42
Loooks like I'm going to have to learn French!!:sad:

gnz
19th Feb 2010, 11:46
Except the choppers they're flying with, ECOcopter has nothing to see with EUROcopter:=