PDA

View Full Version : AFAP and no more loss of licence insurance

Van Gough
18th Feb 2010, 03:56
Seeing as AFAP don't appear to offer loss of licence insurance anymore, can anybody recommend a company which offers a good loss of licence policy?

Thanks
VG:ok:

waren9
18th Feb 2010, 05:48
Cerberos Brokers Pty Ltd.

Innes Stafford, ph 07 3226 2066
inness @ cerberos.com.au

Nice guy. Seems to understand pilots.

compressor stall
18th Feb 2010, 06:02
When did that happen? I have not checked my mail for over 2 months... :eek:

j3pipercub
18th Feb 2010, 06:32
I haven't heard that either? Care to elaborate...

Vorsicht
18th Feb 2010, 07:35
Word that I have heard is that because they do not have a Financial Services Licence, they are no longer able to offer the MBF to new members. I am not sure of the legality of the MBF without the licence, but there is another thread running that probably covers it.

I think once they get the FSL sorted the MBF will again be open to new members. But i would think that obtaining a FSL would necessarily open the Feds and the MBF up to a far higher level of scrutiny than has been applied in the past. That may prove interesting.

V

Capn Bloggs
19th Feb 2010, 00:22
But i would think that obtaining a FSL would necessarily open the Feds and the MBF up to a far higher level of scrutiny than has been applied in the past. That may prove interesting.
Instead of "thinking" why don't you ring up the MBF and ask what effect having a proper FSL will have? If they say anything other than didly-squat, Na Da, nil, apart from being a truly independent body, as the AFAP set it up to be in the 60s, then I'd be very surprised.

Vorsicht
19th Feb 2010, 01:15
Instead of "thinking" why don't you ring up the MBF and ask what effect having a proper FSL will have?

Because I couldn't care less, I am not an AFAP member, nor am I ever going to be.

If they say anything other than didly-squat, Na Da, nil

I'm sure that's exactly what they would say, but clearly that is not the case. If there was no impact of getting a FSL, then why hasn't it been done. I'm sure there would be any number of organisation willing to be involved given the amount of money we are talking about.

There has been plenty of people, on this forum alone, wanting to throw some money at them, yet they are unwilling to accept it. Not only does this not sound right, but it is putting existing members contributions at risk if they cannot accept new funds.

I smell a rat. But then again, I've been wrong before.

apart from being a truly independent body

Are you talking about the Feds or the MBF, either way, I'm not convinced.

V

Dubya
19th Feb 2010, 04:33
I have Loss Of Lic thru VIPA......

if you need some info on who to contact, pm me

Good on the Feds, hey.....:ugh:

Jet_A_Knight
19th Feb 2010, 08:00
__See ya!__

Servo
19th Feb 2010, 08:23
Another "broker" has entered the market!

Lower premiums, higher benefits and under written by Lloyds of London.

Further details to come.

Regards,

Servo

ringbinder
19th Feb 2010, 09:39
Word that I have heard ......... I am not sure of the legality of the MBF without the licence ....... but there is another thread running that probably covers it.

But i would think that obtaining a FSL would necessarily open the Feds and the MBF up to a far higher level of scrutiny
Not only does this not sound right, but it is putting existing members contributions at risk if they cannot accept new funds
Because I couldn't care less,

For someone who couldn't care less, you're somewhat verbose on the subject.
If you're as you purport (i.e careless), why bother posting.

Vorsicht
19th Feb 2010, 10:04
ver·bose   [ver-bohs]
–adjective
characterized by the use of many or too many words; wordy: a verbose report.

I'm not sure I would agree that I am verbose, but I guess that's for others to judge.

I do however enjoy seeing the reactions of AFAP members when presented with less than favorable views of the Federation and their association with the MBF.

I do admit I am easily amused. I guess I'll take my bat and go home now.

V