PDA

View Full Version : Crop dusting !

ashish_pilote
17th Feb 2010, 05:00
Does any have any details about crop dusting pilot jobs in & around the Middle East ?

cyrilroy21
17th Feb 2010, 05:21
I doubt there are hardly any crops grown in the middle east....
Except maybe some dates :ok:

ashish_pilote
17th Feb 2010, 05:31
I have heard about pesticide spraying going on !!!

anyone any details ?

Thx guys for your replies.....keep it comming:ok:

mutt
18th Feb 2010, 03:54
cryilroy, you would be extremely surprised by the vast circular farms that are spread across Saudi Arabia, there is also an extremely fertile industry in the mountain areas and close to the Jordanian border. However their problem isn't with the climate but the lack of renewable ground water.....

However, crop dusting in this part of the world isn't for 250 hour pilots. Sorry.

BeeBop, there are a couple of crop dusting outfits and even 1 cloud seeding organization :)

Mutt

ashish_pilote
18th Feb 2010, 18:43
Name the outfits,if you dont mind !!!:\

flyygirl
24th Sep 2011, 18:30
dear mutt,
if crop dusting isn't for a250 hour pilot then who?
please educate.requirements and procedure.
regards

I.R.PIRATE
24th Sep 2011, 23:14
Cloud seeding has been deemed HARAM.......

Anyone want lots of aircraft that are already modified???

Wizofoz
24th Sep 2011, 23:28
flygirl,

Ag flying is one of the most demanding and dangerous forms of Aviation.

In Australia, it is an intensive course that must be attended after completion of the CPL (though very few operators will accept a pilot with just bare CPL and rating)

You then must be under close supervision for the first 1000hrs (no, I didn't put in an extra zero) of operation.

And we STILL kill a lot af Aggies (I lost a good friend a couple of years ago).

It's not some lark to build hours- it's a dedicated profession.

imnotwhoyouthinkiam
25th Sep 2011, 02:45
Geez, who knew, I just thought you flew over the crops a few times with a giant can of Pif Paf in the back. But if that stuff can kill a man what are we doing digesting it?

Wizofoz
25th Sep 2011, 05:31
It's not the stuff in the back, it's that planet filling the windscreen that does the killing.

mutt
25th Sep 2011, 06:45
Cloud seeding has been deemed HARAM....... Not sure if it's my imagination, but it appeared to work :):):) We seem to have had a lot more weather activity since they started.

Mutt

saywhat
25th Sep 2011, 07:49
In Australia, it is an intensive course that must be attended after completion of the CPL (though very few operators will accept a pilot with just bare CPL and rating)

In Australia, walking across the road is the second most hazardous thing you can do and requires 69 specific rules and regulations to follow.....

Sorry WIZ, I just couldn't resist.....:}

Baba_White_Sheep
25th Sep 2011, 08:21
Agreed. Ag flying can be an extremely hazardous profession. It requires, a lot of experience, planning and huge amounts of self discipline to be carried out, anywhere near safe.

"If the flying doesn't get you, the chemical most probably will"

mutt
25th Sep 2011, 08:40
Flyygirl, found this on google.....

Fixed Wing Ag - Pilot LONG COURSE; 20 hours in Cub's, Aeronca Champs, Cessna 120's and/ or 140's. and 20 hours in Piper Pawnee's “C” & “D” models and Pawnee Hutcherson Conversion's and Cessna 188 Ag - Wagon's. 10 hours ground school and 10 hours maintenance training. Includes all study material from Oklahoma State University and University of Texas . Cost: $15,000 U.S.D.

Is it worth the money? Or should you invest in a A320 rating?

Mutt

jackcarls0n
25th Sep 2011, 10:06
Ag Flying is fun...I know one guy who did that...never liked anything else and nor multis etc...single engine ..money is good too...makes good bucks..but its a dying breed i guess...

but it sure does improve the skills 10 folds...and usually ends up making the pilots over confident...

but crop dusting in saudi..that be tough..hot plus in that tiny aircraft would be a killer...no fun in that...

imnotwhoyouthinkiam
25th Sep 2011, 12:10
I know a very old and experienced pilot from india who used to do crop dusting in the Punjab. He said the most dangerous part was the Sikh farmer on the plot next to the one he was spraying with a riffle in hand ready to fire if any of the spray landed on his crop. After the spraying was over he would invite the pilot over to his house for a meal.

Ankit Kotecha
22nd Feb 2013, 09:30
Hello all,

I am looking for crop spraying companies and crop spraying pilots in India and South Asia. Any kind of info will be really of a lot of help.

Thank you
Ankit Kotecha

royksopp
2nd Jul 2023, 22:20
Does any have any details about crop dusting pilot jobs in & around the Middle East ?

There are those from Saudi Arabia training to fly hi-tech drones ans crop dusters over areas of usa spraying liquid fentanyl over large crowds... My opinion ion o ly. But imagine that damage. Less than 1 gram kills