PDA

View Full Version : NYPD Aviation Unit

LHSboy
17th Feb 2010, 04:38
Hi there, does anyone out there have contact details for the NYPD Aviation Unit? My boss is heading to New York in July and has asked me to find out how to contact them re visiting their base at Floyd Bennet Field. Any information would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers
LHSboy :ok:

darrenphughes
17th Feb 2010, 15:08
Not sure if they'll permit him in if he's not on the force. My wife is NYPD and trying to get the aviation unit, she's visited a few times but said she didn't think I couldn't come along cause I was a civilian. That may or may not be true, I never looked any further into it though.

rick1128
17th Feb 2010, 15:11
NYPD tends to run a threat level above the national level, so unless to have an invite it will be at least a little difficult. What does your boss do? If he is in law enforcement, he might talk to the folks at NYPD HQ. The worst that will happen is that they will say no.

Lunar
18th Feb 2010, 12:11
I tried to arrange a visit a few years ago and it was impossible. I filled out a lot of paperwork and had a good back and forth but no dice.... Maybe if your boss has connections or owns Textron....

Lunar