PDA

View Full Version : Vale Ollie Nemaz

RampDog
17th Feb 2010, 04:31
For those of you who served with TAA in SYD in the sixties,seventies, eighties I am sorry to advise that Oliver "Ollie" Nemaz passed away peacefully on the morning of Monday 15th February 2010. Ollie, 89, was a resident of Scalabrini Village Nursing Home in Bexley NSW, which fittingly is almost directly under the flightpath for 07/25.
After migrating from Italy, he served with TAA from 1959 until his retirement in 1985. Not a pilot or engineer, but a lowly aircraft cleaner, he lived and breathed aircraft and aviation with the same passion as his peers.
He and aeroplanes were both in short pants when he fell in love with aviation (about 1925 he used to recount), and he eventually served with the Regia Aeronautica in WW2.
His passion showed to the end as he sat in the garden and watched the A380 fly overhead one last time.
He will be sadly missed and remembered by his family and mates as one of a kind and a real character, one of nature's true gentlemen.

A service will be held for Oliver at

St Joseph's Catholic Church,
cnr Walz & Watkins St, Rockdale
Friday 19th February at 1030 AEST.

Propstop
17th Feb 2010, 12:43
Ramp Dog
My condolances to you and all of Ollie's family.
I worked at TAA Mascot in the 70's and I remember Ollie very well. He was a thorough gentleman and certainly loved to bend an ear or two and I enjoyed listening to him.
Oliver Nemez RIP