PDA

View Full Version : Training in Newcastle Area

singodss
16th Feb 2010, 23:42
Hi, Just wondering if anyone can recommend a flight training organisation in the Newcastle/Cessnock area. I know there are a few options here, and even a little bit further up the valley in Scone. I am in Singleton if that helps.

Thanks heaps guys!:ok:

sprocket check
17th Feb 2010, 08:14
Check your pms

SpyderPig
1st Jul 2010, 04:32
Sorry to reopen this dormant thread, but only answers I can find are a few years old. Any opions on the royal Newcastle aero club for cpl training? I have already been pre warned about hva and am currently training somewhere further away but would like to see if a good option exists closer home. Currently working on my ppl.

Horatio Leafblower
1st Jul 2010, 04:37
Airspeed Aviation in Scone, & Singleton has been approved & opening in the next couple of weeks :ok:

Captain Nomad
1st Jul 2010, 04:37
The other school at Cessnock as opposed to hva have a good track history.

Take a drive and a look around, talk to the instructors, talk to the students - always a good way to get a bit of a feel for the options no matter where it might be.

SpyderPig
1st Jul 2010, 04:48
Wouldn't have anything to do with the 152 you were trying to find would it hl? Lol. Unfortunatly scone is too far and rules it out, singleton maybe (factoring fuel into $/ph) I was hoping a I might catch a few students on here, open to any pm's if that's the case. :ok:

Alien Role
1st Jul 2010, 05:54
Zip down the freeway to Warnervale - top notch training !! :ok:

Atlas Shrugged
2nd Jul 2010, 01:29
The Search Button is your friend........:ugh::ugh:

Gribble150
2nd Jul 2010, 02:13
"Zip down the freeway to Warnervale - top notch training !! http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/thumbs.gif "

x2, :cool:

SpyderPig
2nd Jul 2010, 08:53
Search button used, current thread yielded:ok:

Problem I have with Warnervale which is confirmed from a friend who is a member of their club, is that their future at that field goes from solid to up in the air almost monthly. Although he hasnt said much about it lately. I still have read/heard that they do a great job with their training. Thanks for the pm's also:}

JRL89
3rd Jul 2010, 05:54
I did my full CPL and MECIR training through HVA in 2007, And have also worked there for a short stint in 2009. but im afraid it would be a different school these days. Just when I finished my time there, they started to care less about quality instructing and more about meeting hourly requirements and student numbers, hence the influx of foreign students from the Sister companies advertising, BASAIR.

As far as I know your best option would be to talk to either Gary Fraser at Avondale Aviation based at Cessnock, or the guys at Rutherford Aero Club..I know that the aircraft of both those are maintained to a good standard, with HVA planes having questionable unservicibilities. Especially their twins, If your thinking about a MECIR, HVA does not have GPS equipped aircraft nor do they have autopilot.

PM me if you want more details

RENURPP
4th Jul 2010, 07:29
Do they still train in 1960 c150L models at Warnervale?