PDA

View Full Version : Float plane endorsements

oldpinger
16th Feb 2010, 22:04
Anyone know of operators that offer float plane endorsements in the Sydney area? If so any feedback on the course would be good too.:ok:

Found a thread on here, but last updated in 2004!

OCTA
17th Feb 2010, 04:03
Sydney Seaplanes does them. Give them a call all the training is done on the Beaver so its not cheap but its worth it if you want to fly a "real" float plane. PM me if you want more details.

werbil
17th Feb 2010, 11:20
Refer to the Seaplane Pilots Association Training Directory (http://www.seaplanes.org.au/Training/TrainingDirectory.htm)

Ian Baker
17th Feb 2010, 12:54
You should get an RA-Aus float endorsement then convert to GA it will be far cheaper and you will have better skills in the long run.

Wildpilot
17th Feb 2010, 21:11
The most experienced float pilot in Aus is Bill Lane he is in Port Macquarie and does an excellent rating in his immaculate 182. It is by far the cheaper option than the beaver and he has in the region of 22000hrs on floats and over 30,000TT.

VH-BCY
17th Feb 2010, 21:57
Go with Bill Lane. Absolute Guru on the water and will not rip you off. He did my endorsement in my own ultralight amphibian, then signed me off for both RA-AUS and GA. Didn't cost an arm and a leg either.
I have a RA-AUS Drifter with approved Full Lotus floats available for anyone that is interested. PM for more details. :ok:

superdimona
18th Feb 2010, 02:11
Perhaps, but Ian at least uses his real name - if he'd said the same thing as "FlyGuy12" who'd know?

I bet a number of posters offering advice in other threads have never flown as PIC.

oldpinger
18th Feb 2010, 05:10
Oh Puleeese (sic):rolleyes:

Innocent enquiry leads to GA vs RAAus battle again.:ugh:

thanks for the info so far guys, I've got admit I do like the look of Beavers:ok:

triton140
18th Feb 2010, 09:13
I've got admit I do like the look of Beavers

Few things can beat a nice looking Beaver :ok::ok:

OCTA
19th Feb 2010, 06:32
I didn't know anyone had a RAA float plane in Australia anymore? Sure would be cheaper but if your going to want to fly float for a living better to do it in an aircraft that you will end up flying.