PDA

View Full Version : 737NG flight sim.

160knots
16th Feb 2010, 07:39
Can anybody recommend a good, realistic 737NG flight sim programme which realistically displays the EFIS panels. There appears to be a lot on the market, just trying to find something close to the actual displays and flight deck.

PPRuNeUser0163
16th Feb 2010, 07:58

PMDG 737NG is by far the best out there imho!

enjoy!!

Mr. Hat
16th Feb 2010, 08:13
This flight sims are good but I feel there is another level really to be able to compare it to what you see on your screens at work.

160knots
16th Feb 2010, 09:07
On this sim can you prcatise tracking accurately for instance without the FD's ie just placing the White track line on the Magenta. On the GS will 2.5 pitch up and 55% reasonably track the GS? Can you load a flight plan and make direct to WPT's or fly an offset say R5 ?

DH 200'
16th Feb 2010, 09:47
G'day 160,
You can track accurately with FD's off, and from memory 3 degree pitch up with appropriate power setting gives an accurate GS track. Yes you can load flight plans into the FMC and make direct WPT's. It's a good sim. Highly recommend it and it will save you a bit of money by not spending too much of your time at a real sim.

PyroTek
16th Feb 2010, 12:01
To be honest, it's actually an addon for MSFS 2004. But I highly recommend the PMDG 737NG. Best 737NG (Possibly the best available aircraft for flight sim!)

Off to the computers forum?

The_Pharoah
16th Feb 2010, 12:10
FYI PMDG have made the following for FSX:

- J41 which I think Brindabella flies
- MD11

Next up to be released are:

- 737NG (mid year)
- Dash 8 200/300 (late 2010)
- 777 (2011)

*edit - doh, forgot about the MD11

ZappBrannigan
16th Feb 2010, 12:12
PMDG are supposed to release their new 737 NGX aircraft this year for FSX. Anyone who's used their later products (747-400X, MD-11 etc.) knows how good they are. I believe they're an excellent training device for preparation and familiarisation with the action and interaction of most aircraft systems, autoflight systems and logic, FMS use etc. - pretty much everything except the actual hands-on flying. I can say from experience the respective flight decks of the actual aircraft are very familiar places after properly "training" with this type of software (no I don't fly any of them yet, but have had the pleasure of quite a lot of time up front).

The release of the NGX has been postponed a few times - but hopefully it's out soon. I would definitely wait for it, it'll be second to none in the home/affordable sim market.

Mr. Hat
16th Feb 2010, 21:48
Does anybody know if there is an option to run fsx or 9 on mac or is there an equivalent?

The_Pharoah
16th Feb 2010, 22:42
Hey Mr Hat

Try www.avsim.com (http://www.avsim.com). there's a good extensive forum there (even the PMDG official forum).

Mr. Hat
16th Feb 2010, 23:27
Cheers for that.

Changed over to mac now all my airbus and boeing add ons are just sitting in the draw..

Check your pm's.

TSIO540
17th Feb 2010, 00:55
You could try setting up boodcamp or buying a program called Fusion which is a virtualisation program that allows you to run Windows in Leopard/Snow Leopard, its a handy program but running two operating systems drains a lot of power and makes for a warm laptop

Homesick-Angel
17th Feb 2010, 04:22
Go for the PMDG.
If you wanna see it in action go and have a crack at one of the Flight experience places..(google it-theres a few around Aus).Not cheap to have a go, but you can see the program..

As far as I know there are updates and add ons coming out all the time.

Im running xplane on the mac and have downloaded a pretty convincing 737 with working FMC and full EFIS...

PM me if you want more info...